Ever consider joining The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints?

by rawe 139 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I cannot say I was tempted to join, but when I left the JW/WT Scam I went looking for something that was true to the Bible. The LDS church did not fit the bill.

It is more fantastical than the JW's, just, by a "short head", it is as fantastical as Scientology and, like the WT/JW Scam, it is based on falsehood. Look up about the "Book of Abraham" if you doubt me.

I soon went from this phase of my leaving process to examining the Bible itself, that too failed the scrutiny test, so I no longer looked for a religion based upon or connected to it.

I then examined the proof for the existence of God, He/She too failed, so religion was not something I would ever be involved in again.

I think anyone who leaves either Church needs to spend time cultivating Critical Thinking skills, without these you are easy prey for the Scamsters, and needs to spend time examining anything at all they are thinking of getting in to, religious or not.

Otherwise it really can be out of the Frying Pan.........

• CyrusThePersian
    CyrusThePersian

I was about to post that I would never again be a part of a cult that was pretty much made up by someone, like Joseph Smith, C.T. Russell or L. Ron Hubbard or their ilk, but in reality all religions were basically made up by somebody.

The only advantage that Christianity, Islam and Judaism have is that they are older, but in my mind the same rule still applies-somebody, at some time, made the whole thing up so I don't want or need to be a part of any of them.

CyrusThePersian

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

...I decided it was crazier than jws... Good one, Blondie. Me too.

It has been established beyond all reasonable doubt that Joseph Smith's translation of Egyptian hieroglyphics was wrong, therefore faked, and by DNA research that his establishing the religion on Native Americans being Israelites is wrong, therefore a lie.

Joseph Rutherford would have really liked Joseph Smith and learned more about snake oil from him.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

.......Mormons believe the Garden of Eden was in Jackson Co Missouri USA..

......................................  photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

I would rather nail my tongue to the kitchen table. Er, that's a no BTW.

• Old Goat
    Old Goat

From a cult to a cult? Sweet ... well, maybe not.

• Ding
    Ding

Contrary what the LDS church teaches, I don't think anyone is going to progress to godhood and have celestial wives.

It's also another works religion with a different set of rules and a prophet whose prophecies have failed.

• Django_Unchained
    Django_Unchained

the apple IS the truth

the snake was the hero

i'm glad to be free of any religious/supernatural bs.

i think i'll go say bloody mary 3 times in the mirror while smoking a bowl in celebration

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

No, never, the culture is too much like the JWs. I think the poster Cold Steel is a Mormon. I can't imagine why anyone who left one cult would join another, if you enjoy being told what to think, do and say, why bother leaving the JWs in the first place, you are just exchanging one set of lies for another? Magical underear, talking salamanders, golden tablets, and The book of Mormon. I read an expose of the many, many mistakes made in it that prove it was a 19th century invention, not a translation of an earlier work, as claimed.

I have known many Mormons, there were three families on my cul-de-sac in Colorado. They were very nice, but mostly kept to themselves. They had about 15 children among them, the kids were all adorable, nice kids, but they just all seemed kind of superficial, you had to wonder what they would be like if they could be themselves. One of them seemed kind of miserable, she seemed very intelligent, but unhappy, she didn't seem to enjoy being a baby factory as much as the others. I wondered what her true personality was. Another neighbor was raised Mormon, but became an emancipated minor at 16, got a job and her own apartment to get away from it. Her family disowned her, but sent the local elders around to try and win her back, her roommate told them she was out turning tricks in an area of Denver known for prostitution, lol.

• steve2
    steve2

From the frypan into the fire.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit