Ever consider joining The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints?

by rawe 139 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LV101
    LV101

Outlaw that's too funny - omigoodness!

• ilikecheese
    ilikecheese

Never a JW, but I went to high school in LDS land. I did track and the entire team was basically Mormon haha, so most of my friends were of that faith.

They're some of the nicest, most family-oriented, and educated people around. You'd be hard pressed to find an LDS kid who wasn't a scholastic overachiever at my school. My graduating class is only in our mid-20s right now, and a ton of them already have pretty fantastic careers set up for themselves. This includes lots of the girls. They're also really charitable. I know the education and charity are stressed by the church. It may be so that they can roll in the moolah, but oh well.

I would never become one, though. It's already strange enough that I believe an undead Jewish man can give people everlasting life; the Mormons take the even nuttier cake. My favorite thing was that when they built a temple in my high school town, they were giving tours of it during the summer when I was home from college. Everyone was allowed to look at it, but they needed to "purify" it after all the nasty non-Mormons had their tours. After the purification, no more unbelievers! Plus, there's a reason Victoria's Secret doesn't have a line of holy Mormon underwear. :P It sounds dreadful.

I do like the missionaries, though. Even if you tell them you're not interested in their religion, they ask if they can help with anything. And if you ask, they'll do whatever. Well, they might not help if you look at them suggestively and say they can help you get your pants off, but that's about it. ;)

Oh, and they believe EVERYONE goes to heaven. The JWs would be horrified. I also don't know of any of my ex-LDS friends having a bad relationship with their families. They're still tight. Again, JWs - horrified!

• Django_Unchained
    Django_Unchained

LDS is just LSD done badly

• laverite
    laverite

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. HELLO NO.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

One thing that Mormons do that is similar to pioneering, or serving where the need is great is that when young men (not sure if it applies to females as well) in their late teens are early 20's they go somehwere, not just in the US to do their preaching work. They call it be a specific name but can remember what it is, I heard Donny Osmond say in an interview that when his sons reached a certain age they "went where the need is great" so to speak.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

no way

• cantleave
    cantleave

You just need to look at Ex-Mormon sites to see the similarities. I find it hilarious that Cold Steel trolls this site, when he could do the same on an Ex-Mormon site, but he knows they would tear him apart in the same we do active dubs.

• cofty
    cofty

Most of the people on this site know very little about what they're talking about when it comes to the LDS faith.

But all these hundreds of people know everything about your dumbass cult..

• KateWild
    KateWild

late teens are early 20's they go somehwere, not just in the US to do their preaching work-shirleyW

It would be good if JWs and Mormons were like the Amish and had Rumspringa instead of preaching. They get up to all sorts anyway.

Cold Steel,

Are you for real? You seem so over the top you must be satirical. Good job at helping young JWs leaving to see why your cult is the same. Thanks for your input.

Kate xx

• rubadubdub
    rubadubdub

http://i.imgur.com/NTp2eRl.jpg

I've read about Mormons, because I knew a Mormon woman at one time. Some of the things mentioned in this thread and that she told me seemed unbelievable, but it was what she believed and practiced. She told me that she couldn't pray directly to god, only her husband could pray on her behalf. That was troublesome to me at the time.

jgnat, I took your test and scored 100% Universal Unitarian. This was actually the only church I checked out after I left. I just didn't get the concept of a church with no set doctrine after 42 years of being told what to believe. At this point (2.5 years out), I don't feel a need to join a community of faith.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit