The Governing Body Have Stabbed Many Old Bethelites In The Back By Not Taking Care Of Them In Their Old Age

by frankiespeakin 49 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

It's bad enough they cut them loose when they are getting of old age, but here is something even worse about it...

All those years, they were not saving any money for retirement, and they also weren't getting social security credits, so not only are they cutting them loose, but they will have a welfare retirement.

• designs
    designs

The GB vote Republican...

• steve2
    steve2

Could the moderators please remove the private details from one of the above posts?

Although well-intentioned, it's a little worrying from a privacy angle to see posters using other peoples' first and last names and giving details of their medical conditions and psychological functioning. Could posters please respect others privacy and perhaps not give such private details?

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

The Governing Body's ill-treatment of Bethelites illustrates how we can mistreat all sorts of people when "God is on our side", or 'we are on a mission from God', I'm sure the GB rationalize it all away on 'seeking first the kindom' or some such bull shit.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

I often wondered who in their right mind would want to stay at Bethel. When I speak to a Bethelite, they also ask me what I do for a living. It's as if they regret being where they are and are searching for answers about how to leave. It's sad that feel that they are stuck in there. Here they are after spending years in this life, they can't leave financially. It's only when they are forced to leave that they go and pursue government assistance.

It's a trap. Parents, don't let your children grow up to be Cowboys, and Bethelites.

• Black Man
    Black Man

Eye-opening thread!

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Qb,

I often wondered who in their right mind would want to stay at Bethel. When I speak to a Bethelite, they also ask me what I do for a living. It's as if they regret being where they are and are searching for answers about how to leave.

That's why I pity the Bethelites. They give up so much to the Watchtower Corporation, and in the end get treated like dirt by the authoritarian Governing Body. May their reputation rot.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Jehovah the Corporation's #1 suck puppet thinks such treatment of the elderly Bethelites a good thing if it keeps corporation expenses down and improves profitability because this is a prime motivator for a corporation trying to be successful. Jehovah's directives must match up some how some way to this bottom line.

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan

Like any other unethical business corporation......the knowledge of Bethel layoffs coming was probably known way in advance, but only announced when it suited the Watchtower. Other opportunities probably passed many Bethelites by while they didn't know that the Watchtower had already decided their future fate.

I swear the evil Watchtower is like a wild beast that will turn on and eat it's own litter.

• Narcissistic Supply
    Narcissistic Supply

It doesn't matter. The business model is broken. they can't sell their marketing materials any more to the congregations because the shit is all FREE pdf's now. that's too bad. All JW's can do now is launder real estate and eventually that charade will end too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit