abortion vs holocaust

by unstopableravens 692 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

lol now more claims , the new claim is i dont understand what i pasted lol ok

• GromitSK
    GromitSK

I didn't say anything about when life starts. I said when the embryo becomes a person. I haven't read any comments that indicate that an embryo or foetus isn't alive. Many things are alive but are not a person. An organ is composed of living tissue but is not a person.

• cofty
    cofty

I think many pro-lifers are still influenced by notions of an elan vital.

Life is replication, its just chemicals doing their thing.

When you remove the superstitious dogma of a soul the questions can be addressed more thoughtfully.

• jgnat
  • Gypsy Sam
    Gypsy Sam

Well, I missed pages of this post. For me, as a born in JW, the question of if abortion was right or wrong started when I watched Cider House Rules years ago. Then, getting pregnant while on the pill and trying to leave an abusive mate, left me a lot of disquieting thoughts regarding how all abortiin could possibly be wRong in every situation. It simply made no sense. Add to that, my best friend (JW virgin) being gang raped a couple years ago, and the first thing I told her when she called me after the attack was how imperative it was for her to get a medical exam and Plan B ASAP. Combine all the US political focus on abortion and gays I during the election, I simply hadntomresearch the origins if each and apply LOGIC.

Pro-lifer's might have more of a case if they were at the forefront of setting up homes and legitimate programs for unplanned children. Even then, why are so many eager to have the US full of women having babies they DO NOT want?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Even then, why are so many eager to have the US full of women having babies they DO NOT want?

Because of the aggressive broad based Christian fundamentalism in that country.

The human rights of woman are devalued in CF or Islamic fundamentalism for that matter.

In both situations its men who have the most aggressive stance against abortions.

Perhaps if men were gang rapped and they had to delver a unplanned and unwanted baby full term themselves,

they might have different opinions on the matter.

• Gypsy Sam
    Gypsy Sam

I agree with you Finkelstein.

I also find it utterly ignorant for the original poster to have likened abortion to the Holocasut. How inappropriate.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

the thought about men who are cf, not understanding the difficult situations is not a real arugment, we may not know what its like to be gang raped, or have to be abused and having to be preg, but we deal with our own hard situations this has to do with life that god gives, and a life we have no right to take away. and as long as you dont see the life in the womb as valuable, than your going to misunderstand our love for the unborn as a us not caring for the mother. we care for both.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Darnit. I woke you up.

Here's a hypothetical for you. If the non-viable fetus has equal rights to its mother, and it cannot be consulted, how about allowing half the fallopian tube pregnancies run their "natural" course?

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

jgnat: it does has same rights, sadly if its really non viable it will die, no different that a car accident victim who zero chance of living, you would try all you can to save there life. i think some laws when emts get on site to any medical and aperson is not responding no palse heart beat, they have to try for 2o mins to bring them back, that happened to a friend of mine who tryed suicide, it was the 2oth min they save him. so in a sense he was non viable to the emts

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit