AGM 5 OCTOBER 2013 (UNOFFICIAL RUMORS)

by WatchTower87 293 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Nostromo
    Nostromo

the emblem -thing will never change i'm afraid.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

My Blank...should have read....Yes, just got carried away with wishful thinking.

• daringhart13
    daringhart13

I'm going to guess it will work the edges of two doctrines:

Blood -- Its all but dead.... but they need to make a stronger statement; such as it is a 'conscience matter'

1914 -- It's useless and a gross embarrassment... they are going to start working the edges of this and making it seem very unimportant

Honorable Mention -- They might do 'something'....not sure what.... about recent pedophilia losses in court or maybe some 'backing off' of field service

• Socrateswannabe
    Socrateswannabe

The GB isn't exactly a braintrust, but they probably aren't dumb enough to do an about-face on a doctrine that they've recently emphasized in the WT. For instance, the July 15 Study Edition shored up 1914 as the date for kicking off the last days, so it doesn't seem likely that the month after that article is considered in the Watchtower study, they would kick the whole 1914 thing to the curb. So my guess is that if there is a major doctrinal shift rolled out at the annual meeting, it will be something that they've already begun to downplay or at least haven't mentioned in awhile. At least if they listen to their PR people, that would make sense.

Any idea what that might be? I'm clueless.

• gingerbread
    gingerbread

jgnat -

Good point - although I don't see this idea as Annual Meeting worthy. However, 'loyalty' has always been an underlying theme in WT publications and talks.

With an emphasis on strict obedience to 'theocratic arrangements' lately, I can see a directive from the GB that either a person is an active, book bag carrying Witness ..... or he will no longer be considered a Jehovah's Witness.

No fade into inactivity allowed...

ginger

• gingerbread
    gingerbread

Another thought -

Have you noticed that even the 'headquarters' in the United States is now officially refered to as 'the Branch'?

Perhaps a 'new idea' to be revealed next month is that the REAL headquarters is in .... HEAVEN.

All directions, rules and regulations are made in heaven and distributed through the Warwick, NY Branch...

Long time faithful members will say 'we always understood that to be the case'.

Imagine the legal department using this argument to release them of the responsibility of sexual abuse cases...

ginger

• knows better
    knows better

the R&F will be so happified to have a seat at the table, that i won't matter what is offered. i say just a money grab for warwick. nothing more. no great revelations or doctrine changes. nothing to see here. why would you ? they stopped paying attention long ago.

• WatchTower87
    WatchTower87

- 14 day to go =D

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

If there's any new light about 1914 (which is highly unlikely), it might be that as the tree-stump of Daniel 4 was only unbanded in 1914 but not yet fully regrown, likewise the kingdom, as represented by the tree, did not begin to rule in that year nor was Jesus enthroned as king, that these are still future events. I've written about this possibility before on this forum.

• steve2
    steve2

To transform the blood doctrine into a conscience matter and/or explicitly side-line the 1914 doctrine would be to officially commit organizational suicide. Whatever the announcement(s), we can bet it will not be the severing of a main artery doctrine.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit