Has anyone else observed how the elderly JWs are neglected?

by Joepublisher1 43 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• trujw
    trujw

My aunt a non jw was in a nursing home one mile from my jw sister who's husband is an elder. They traveled to a special assembly in another country And are considered heavies in there Congo so self righteous. Me and my other non jw sister traveled 250 miles round trip to see her Several times. Darla my sister or her husband never never visited once. My aunt left us some money when she died and they were first in line to collect the very DAY the checks were available. Yeah non jws elderly people are treated like animals but if they leave them money they Run to collect. You think she could have counted time and left a watchtower on her almost dead corpse But no just up there to collect money.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

As a ministerial servant I was shocked at how the brothers as a whole seemed to ignore these ones. There were a couple that would visit certain ones but as a congregation, these ones were ignored.

• Joepublisher1
    Joepublisher1

fulltimestudent, some of your points are what they call logical fallacies (take the time to look that expression up on the internet).

For instance, you take the word "Christian" and shine a light on so-called Christendom. However, when the name Christian is used as a touchstone, it's obviously meant to be taken as it applies to the "original" Christians - not today's fraudulent Christian organizations.

Second, you minimize the issue of elderly neglect amongst some JWs by saying that you won't have to look far to see the same ills in the churches; so I guess what you are saying is that the JW religion is NO BETTER than any other so-called Christian religion.

You know, I had a JW who was willing to speak with me about the pedophile issue/problem/cover-up in the JW religion. The JW apologists said, "So what, there are pedophiles in every religion." Do you see how much that response sounds like yours?

The WTS claims it's different than other religions - esp. Christendom. It's not - most on this board KNOW that for a fact because we have been close enough to see things with our own eyes.

• caliber
    caliber

Has anyone else observed how the elderly JWs are neglected?

As a ministerial servant I was shocked at how the brothers as a whole seemed to ignore these ones. There were a couple that would visit certain ones but as a congregation, these ones were ignored.

For this very reason I have went along with close family members (who are still JW's ) to visit nursing homes

where quite a number of JW's are (some were Elders) ....who played a part in my much earlier life. Some have remained single

their whole life "serving " waiting for the New system , I guess , to consider marriage.

While I may not share their views I think how sad it is for them that very few from the KH "bother " to visit. My human passion says

"surely to God you (you meaning me ) can at least give them a smile and some comfort in this their final sick and lonely years !"

These were and are not evil poeple ...only misguided

I think a key reason they appear" neglect" these is because it becomes a constant reminder as you see these sick and dieing

of the failed promised "new system .. Just around the corner". It is to save their own sanity and keep away depressing thoughts

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit