jwfacts or jwinterpretations?

by slimboyfat 118 Replies latest jw friends

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I think it's a good name too, and I'm not suggesting Paul change it. I'm just reflecting of the meaning of it all.

• cofty
    cofty
    your association with the cult?

What cult? I am not member of any cult, you are.

Shall I take your evasion as a yes?

You won't affirm anything as true or false so you may as well keep going to the Kingdom Hall.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I did not say you were a member, read more carefully.

True and false thinking is precisely what thrives in the KH and why perhaps it's fair to say you are mentally still there more than I.

• bohm
    bohm

Sbf: but you must agree you call things facts yourself. So are you being consistent?

• cofty
    cofty

So you are still slavishly going to the meetings years after you realised its all bullshit and somehow anybody who has the balls to affirm a fact is more of a JW than you are.

Whatever.

Adding SBF to my "ignore" list.

• bohm
    bohm

Is the blood ban wrong? Depends on your perspective...

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Yeah but I realise the irony when I use the word. Call it aporia if you will. I was once told that being consistent is not all it's cracked up to be.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Mere semantics, I would much rather prefer jwfacts as opposed to jwinterpetations. Splitting hairs as to word meanings for the title of this website seems to be tediosity in the extreme to make a point.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I have been to about 5 meetings in the last year, including the memorial and an assembly, if that is relevant.

I think you understand the point I was making very well.

• bohm
    bohm

I think its better to be consistent than trying to split the semantic hair of asking others what they mean by the word round...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit