jwfacts or jwinterpretations?

by slimboyfat 118 Replies latest jw friends

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Because they involve words.

• Narcissistic Supply
    Narcissistic Supply

Good Wolf / Bad Wolf

A traditional Native American story describes a boy who was feeling angry and upset at an injustice, who goes to his old Grandfather for advice. The Grandfather tells the boy that he, too has felt these feelings of hate and anger. The Grandfather shares that he has also realized how these feelings have no effect on his enemy, but they do cause him great pain.

“It is as if I have two wolves living inside me,” says the Grandfather. “One is good and does no harm. He lives in harmony with all around him and does not take offense when no offense was intended. He will only fight when it is right to do so, and in the right way.”

“But the other wolf,” Grandfather continues, “fights everyone, all the time, for no reason. The smallest thing will send him into a fury. He cannot think because his anger and rage are so great; however for all its fury, his anger changes nothing.

“Sometimes it is hard to live with these two wolves inside me, for both of them try to dominate my spirit.”

The boy looks into his Grandfather’s eyes and asks, “Which one wins, Grandfather?”

His grandfather replies, “Whichever one you feed.”

Kevin B. Burk http://www.therealastrology.com/ER/AMAZING/HTML/FeedingtheWolf.html

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Native American wisdom: a suppressed discourse, just as valid of enlightenment science.

• wasblind
    wasblind

JWFACTS is a great website

• TD
    TD

How about 'Facts about interpretations'?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

JWFacts Presents..

WBT$..

.........................  photo mutley-ani1.gif ...OUTLAW

• Narcissistic Supply
    Narcissistic Supply

slimboy,

I think it's a great story with whole lot of truth in it.

• bohm
    bohm

Im kidding, im kidding. If jwfacts had only thought a bit deeper on epistomology, his website would have been a good deal better.

• Narcissistic Supply
    Narcissistic Supply

Quite frankly, I think god gave us a brain so we could use it. But hey. I don't want to reinvent the friggin wheel.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Mum: How can these FACTS be construed as interpretation?

SBF:

Because they involve words.

SBF, by your definition, then, we could argue if all information was presented in sign language or in picture form, then everything would be factual.

NS:

Quite frankly, I think god gave us a brain so we could use it.

The OP has clearly blown that argument out of the water.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit