Ouija Board!!!

by XPeterX 92 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Seraphim23
    Seraphim23

It is to you and I can understand it. However Ive seen one.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

friendaroonie:

There was a movie with Marisa Tomei and Robert Downet Jr., can't remember the name, but the premise of the movie was that the lead actress was told when she was a child playing with a Ouija board that she would fall in love with a man named Norman Goldstein or something like that. So she is getting married and having cold feet so she decides to look up this name, Norman Goldstein and somehow ends up going to Italy to meet him. Then at the end of the movie her brother, all these years later, admits to moving the planchette to spell out that name when they were kids. He just made up the name.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0110737/plotsummary?ref_=tt_ov_pl

Never seen it. Sounds dreadfully boring.

Don't know how you got "Norman Goldstein" from "Damon Bradley".

There are many kinds of Ouija boards that are more logical in how the alphabet is graphically designed, like one where the most common english letters are more in the center and less used letters like x and z are on the outsiede.

You'll probably find that some use a QWERTY keyboard layout.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Seraphim23:

It is to you and I can understand it. However Ive seen one.

Sure ya have.

Because you're happy to accept the first irrational 'explanation' that jumps into your head.

Ooh... a shadow that's kind of shaped like a person... it must be a ghost!

And seeing a figure near your bed just as you wake up doesn't count either. Such 'sightings' are very easily explained.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Oh no... more ghosts...

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    But sometimes people aren’t deceivers. We have to stay on our toes.

Based on what? All that has ever been established is that people have either tricked themselves or been tricked by others. There is zero evidence of 'ghosts'.

My point is that there are many reputedly haunted places

Sure. You tell someone a story about a scary 'haunted' place, then they get scared and start thinking the slightest noise is a 'ghost'. (Just like those stupid 'ghost hunter' shows.)

Take two people (separately) to an old house. One goes there when it's well lit and without telling them any scary stories, and it's just a place that happens to be available to stay at. The other person is 'prepped' with a scary 'history' of the building and the power is turned off. Both stay there overnight. No prizes for guessing who might think the place is 'haunted'.

• Jeffro
  • Jeffro
  • Seraphim23
    Seraphim23

Jeffro, it wasn’t a shadow figure what I saw and I want waking up or going to sleep either. It wasn’t sleep paralysis or any of those explanations. Believe me I have delved into every kind of conventional explanation over the years, and yes it is possible it was produced by my mind. There are reasons why that explanation doesn’t convince me but it is a possible one. I’m open minded myself and I do try to use Occam’s razor but because of the simplest explanation not being sufficient to explain all the facts, it forces one into more `tropical` as it were explanations. I honestly don’t expect you to believe me for any number of reasons but I admit I do feel like David Vincent from the invaders sometimes. Oh well.

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

CS: But sometimes people aren’t deceivers. We have to stay on our toes.

Jeffro: Based on what? All that has ever been established is that people have either tricked themselves or been tricked by others. There is zero evidence of “ghosts”.

Well, one has to come to an agreement on terms. And the context. A “ghost” is generally a spirit of a disembodied person; that is, a person who was once alive, has died and for whatever reason has decided not to move on. A “spirit,” on the other hand, can be a ghost or one of the entities who followed Satan in the war in Heaven and are unembodied spirits. Either kind can be referred to as “evil spirits.”

I don’t believe a consensus on whether people are deceived or deceivers. My friend Max is extremely credible in my book. He’s level headed, honest and is a man of integrity. If he told me something in earnest, I’d stake my life on it. Max doesn’t tell his story to just anyone, based in large part their reactions. But he has told his close friends and now seems to be more comfortable in not discussing it, period.

I’ve told his story elsewhere, but during his last night at school, he had finished his finals, packed, said his goodbyes and went to bed early, having to arise about 6 a.m. to catch his flight home. While trying to get to sleep, he said he felt something strange he’d never felt before in such circumstances. He said he suddenly had a feeling of distinct unease and fear, causing the hair to rise on the back of his neck. “It was as if I were being watched,” he said. He wanted to look over his shoulder and scan the dorm room, but decided to just let the feeling pass. But it didn’t.

Finally, pulling the sheet over his shoulder he looked towards the door. Standing there in the darkness was something even more dark. In appearance it seemed to be a man, though his outline was indistinct. In his hand was a cane and he wore what appeared to be a top hat of some kind. It was an older style of clothing and it didn’t move. It just stood there staring at him. Max then said he did the bravest thing he’d ever done in his life. “I reached over and turned on the lamp.” It happened once more after he turned off the light, this time with the “man” standing directly at the foot of his bed. And, Max added, he was grinning. Unable to see any memorable features, the man’s teeth and eyes were the only things visible, Max said, and he had the distinct feeling it was malicious.

After the second time, Max kept the lights on but couldn’t sleep. When his roommate finally got in around 2 a.m., Max asked him to sit down and not to ask any questions. The guy complied and Max flipped off the light and they just there in the dark and chatted about their finals, the roommate’s date and other things. It wasn’t long, however, before the roommate began to nod off. Irritated by sitting in the dark and chit-chatting, he wanted to get to bed. But Max told him something wasn’t right and he needed him to stay just a little longer. Within minutes, the same phenomenon happened and the same spirit that had appeared earlier appeared again. Max reached over and shook his roommate, and this time the roommate saw it. Again, it was just a black silhouette, and completely unperturbed by the roommate’s presence. The roommate, however, was not unperturbed by the spirit’s presence. “Who’s that?” he whispered.

The black shape was not like a man being in the room, but was a black figure standing in a darkened room. Still, both men could see the things hat and cane. Anyway, Max said, “Watch this....” and he turned on the light, and the light was left on until morning.

Max had this experience several times in California, but eventually it just stopped visiting. Can I prove this happened? No. Do I believe it happened? Absolutely.

Out of just interest, I pulled this from a book I read several months ago. This man had an angelic being with him at the time he saw them. He wrote:

I saw eight spirits enter the room. Four of these were evil spirits who had once been mortal, the other four were unborn evil spirits—Satan’s minions. The disembodied looked human and wore clothing typical of the period in which they had died. The evil spirits were less substantial, generally smaller, with misshapen features, making them look slightly inhuman.

He goes on to describe things in much more detail, and based on what he wrote, I also tend to believe him. But there are many I don’t believe, and others I just don’t know about. Still, proof is elusive. And, as a photographer myself, I know how things can be faked or interpreted by the mind. Unless I know the photographer, I can't vouch for anything other than to post it as interesting.

Must run. More later.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Cold Steel:

A “spirit,” on the other hand, can be a ghost or one of the entities who followed Satan in the war in Heaven and are unembodied spirits.

Yep... lots of evidence for them too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit