• BackseatDevil
    BackseatDevil

@cantleave

Let's... um... stay on topic.

(LOL)

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Two hearsay stories...but from people I know personally:

My sister-in-law as a teen was playing with a Ouija Board with some friends in the basement of her home. They asked the board who rang the doorbell upstairs and the board answered correctly. Then they asked the board what it thought about a particular Christian and it began swearing. At that point a friend of mine by the name of Chuck Forester who i know from IBSA conventions cursed it in the name of Jesus and it would not work any more.

The second story is more wierd than the first. An Anglican minister friend, Charles Vickerson's wife was teaching night classes in a Quebec prison. She entered the game room one night and some of the prisoners were playing with a Ouija Board. As she stood there watching, the wooden triangular planchette (pointing divice) kept pointing to her. The prisoners suggested that the board wanted her to play. Then the planchette of its own accord raised above the table, drew back and flew directly at her. She ducked and it began flying back and forth through the room. Everyone cleared the hall...and that was the end of it.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Ouija boards can in fact be used to summon Demons, but they can also get angels that will harass you. Most people are not open enough to have one work, and the subconscious can garble whatever message you get. But, one sure way they can and do work is if the witlesses show up and you wish to make a statement that you don't wish them to return. Using a Ouija board to drive them out can scare them out of their minds, since they are so sure that Satan will go after them. And I doubt they will return--and if they do, another round with the Ouija board will make it clear you never want to see them.

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

I got this one for $10 on ebay. Haven't played with it but had one years ago my sister and I and friends played with. It would only work mostly at night. Never could get it to work much during the day.

LRG

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

WTW - Are you saying God's angels act like demons?

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Ouija­™ is a trademark of Hasbro (previously owned by Parker Brothers). It's a board game. When the game was first invented (in 1890) it had no connotation of being related to the 'occult'.

See also ideomotor effect.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

I had a sceptical friend played with one at a party. To prove it was the others pushing the glass she told everyone to take their hands off it and for whatever was controlling it to make it spin on it's own axis. Apparently it did.

I didn't really know how to react as I don't believe any of it but she seemed sincere in telling me this and it would have been rude of me to tell her she must have been mistaken.

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

Darn I am reading this at 11pm and now I am scared. You guys really scared me!

• BackseatDevil
    BackseatDevil

@WTW and Van7

I personally don't believe in angels or demons. But if you do, I understand. So consider this: You have to ask yourself what kind of spirit (or "entity") would be lounging about, stagnate, not doing anything until someone comes along with a Ouija board? I mean, a person can live in a house all their life and it's only with a board game that suddenly spirits from the other side make contact. Seems pointlessly boring from the spirit's perspective. Chances are (if you wanted to personify such energies) that they would be more along the lines of the 'mischief' or 'trickster' side of the spectrum as any spirit with any real purpose, job, or influence on our side of the world has actual things to do.

I don't (personally) categorize things into just two groups of good or bad, light or dark, angels or demons, etc. So I wouldn't put things as angels acting like demons or demons acting like angels. I think there is a gradient scale of energies just like there are gradient scales of human personalities and behavior. Some people are all good. Some people are all bad. Most of us are somewhere in the middle. The coexistant energies (however you want to label them) on 'the other side' are very much the same way.

Even moreso since as the absorbtion of such encounters, digestion, and retelling of the experience as a whole is as varied as the humans who initially observed them.

(That's just my personal philosophy, however.)

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

BackseatDevil:

You have to ask yourself what kind of spirit (or "entity") would be lounging about, stagnate, not doing anything until someone comes along with a Ouija board?

Indeed. There's nothing at all 'mystical' or 'enchanted' about Ouija™ boards. If it were remotely possible for 'spirits' to communicate through such a toy, it would be just as likely to happen without the toy.

I think there is a gradient scale of energies just like there are gradient scales of human personalities and behavior.

More accurately, there are gradient scales of human personalities, and those personalities respond in certain ways to certain environments. The 'energy' of any particular place (in this sense of a 'vibe') is nothing more than the way people feel about it. In the case of Ouija™ board 'experiences', this may be influenced by stories that have been told about the place, and by preconceived superstitions about the Ouija™ board itself.

Some people are all good. Some people are all bad.

People may be immoral, or amoral, or insane, but there isn't any objective reason for saying anyone is "all good" or "all bad". People are 'bad' only for the sake of some advantage that is perceived as good in some context.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit