Powerfully heart-wrenching experience by FORMER BETHLITE

by Black Man 67 Replies latest jw friends

• BU2B
    BU2B

Excellent! Good to expose the inner working of that spiritual wilderness that is Bet-hell. I anxiously look forward to part 2

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

Scott I would do that but honestly I was just a worker bee, no influence whatsover. I do remember one of the guys from the photog dept. getting married to a very young, hot bride. She was such a flirt. She ended up getting pregnant and he confided in a friend of mine that she admitted to him it was becasue she wanted kids and hated it at bethel. I saw so many while there that just look unhappy, especially the wives. Sad to waste young life there I am so glad I only put in the time that I did.

Black I was there from 1989-1992 so perhaps we did overlap a little.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

On the dating marriage and sex compatability thing I would say one STRONG reason was the WT made it SEEM like as long as you had JAH in your marraige...excuse me:

Your marriage would be fine no matter what?!?

How many articles did we have where couples were on the verge of divorce but damnit thanks to WT$ study and feild service that shit just made all marital woes disappear SMDH.

• Black Man
    Black Man

Darth Frosty: You're on point w/those observations. Completely agree!

• earthfire
    earthfire

I look forward to reading the rest. So interesting to get the inside scoop on life at Bethel. So many similar stories.

• Coffee House Girl
    Coffee House Girl

Even though I never went to bethel I could relate to her story about physical attraction and how much pressure to marry a "spiritually" strong JW man can cloud a young woman's judgement, only to find out when it is too late that as a couple there is no sexual spark (that was my experience and it caused a huge rift in our marriage & was a key factor in the death of our relationship).

I look forward to reading more, thanks for posting your link

CHG

• darth frosty
  • darth frosty
    darth frosty

Dont...

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Mind...

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Me...