Powerfully heart-wrenching experience by FORMER BETHLITE

by Black Man 67 Replies latest jw friends

• Black Man
    Black Man

XBEHERE: When were you at Bethel? I was there in the 90s. We may have been there around the same time.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Ironically I knew both sides of the injured parties. I worked with the bro who's wife was cheating.

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

I'm glad the Bethel lawyer handled her divorce pro bono.

On the other hand, I feel for her enduring sexual issues within the marriage while at Bethel.

Not that I think this applies to her, but I suspect that JW's repressive sexual policies attract men and women with sexual issues. It's the perfect cover for the sexually repressed.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

great line here:

If a couple ends up sexually compatible, it will be sheer luck.
  • Black Man
    Black Man

Darth: Yes, that line really puts in perspective how pathetic the JW concept of dating is. Because you really don't know a person until you live with them. But in JW world, you go on a dates in a group setting (museum, etc) and with chaperones. Its even worse at the Bethel level. So its no surprise that there's much sexual incompatability along with the emotional and psychological incompatability.

• cult classic
    cult classic

Mr. CC remembers the parties involved. I can't seem to place them at the moment. The adultery scandals at bethel were always a lot of fun.

• Quendi
    Quendi

bookmarked

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Great story, thanks for posting it.

• Black Man
    Black Man

I feel Mariuca's story has the potential to be as powerful and impactful in scope as someone like a Barb Anderson, because it gives you some of the inner workings of things at Bethel!

• tresdecu
    tresdecu

Thanks for the link! Great Experience!!

I googled her...looks like she is a talented and I hope very succesful photographer in Detroit.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit