JW women in critical condition after being attacked by pit bull while out in service

by JimmyPage 112 Replies latest jw friends

• Scott77
    Scott77

A lawyer advised me to take it down immediately because it was in fact an admission that I knew the dog could be dangerous and that IF it bit anyone I would be legally liable. Any "Beware of Dog" sign in a urban residential locale is admission of the owners knowledge and thereby makes them liable legal;y for the dogs actions.
    piztjw

It can be also argued the other way around. That by knowingly sensing or realizing that a warning has been posted, Jehovah's Witnesses chose to willfully disregard it and thereby incurred the consequences. Look at Walmart clearing crew. Whenever there is a spill, a temporary warning stand is placed around the area to warn shoppers. In this way, people can choice either to steer clear of the danger or willfully choose to ignore and face the consequences.

Scott77
  • Gypsy Sam
    Gypsy Sam

I have tried to keep up with this thread, so I hope I'm not posting duplicate information. I googled jw org angels provide protection preaching. What it led me to was a quick read from a 2006 article and after a comment I received from my text to a dozen friends, I feel confident in responding. She pointed out Jehovah doesn't promise us protection, but at least these sisters and the brother in New Zealand that died delivering tracts, were being faithful to Jehovah. I was thinking I'd tell her I personally agree with her, but while researching came across the above article and WT gives a different impression. Are we allowed to post a link directly from jw org to a comment?

• RubaDub
    RubaDub
    As witnesses are not permitted to own a gun, they would not be able to do likewise if they were ever in that situation.

To be fair, this is NOT the case. It is generally discouraged, but many brothers including elders in rural areas own guns and hunt. We used to have several elders who hunted in the upstate NY/CT area. There would be a group of at least 10 brothers on the first day of deer season.

Now, if you live in an urban area and own a handgun, then you have a lot more "splaining" to do.

Rub a Dub

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit