JW.org reports on the Sandy Hook shooting...

by cedars 112 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

JWs want to place literature and start Bible studies with those affected by the shooting. As we know, they don't get too worked up over this. GOD's great day will be a lot worse.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Outlaw's support is a good paradigm for the people you are reaching.
    Don't feel too encouraged by the people whose comments on this thread echo your feelings. They are the minority.....scotoma

Said the Only Opposer on the Thread..

Maybe you can Make a Friend and..

There will be 2 of you,in your Large Crowd..

............................ mutley-ani1.gif ... OUTLAW

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

OUTLAW you aren’t only brilliant, funny and witty but you also get the job done!

• minimus
    minimus

I agree that Outlaw is biased...and that's why I like him.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Tiki - your comment above regarding flowers just shows how the only true religion isn't on the same page with their beliefs, my fathers funeral at the Hall had flowers, and I know of several other KH funerals with flowers.

• scotoma
    scotoma

Outlaw,

Nice! Advertisement for iStock.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

" Jehovah’s Witnesses in the area are offering assistance and spiritual comfort to the families and communities affected by this tragedy ."

They'll just step up their usual recruiting activities in the area. It will also be the hot topic that all JWs will try to expoit at every door. Although they will speak in a condemnatory way of the violence and tragedy, in reality, there is nothing that encourages JWs more than disasters. Financial crisis, earthquake, shootings, etc., it convinces them that they are "right."

And underneath it all, the solution they are cheering for, whether they admit it or not, is for Big J to load his guns and start slaughtering every human that isn't a JW... or even some JWs that haven't been preaching enough. Very soon now, they expect to celebrate the ultimate global terror campaign of all time.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

What are Jehovah’s Witnesses good for during a tragedy?

Just talked to someone from the area who said that ‘Mother’ sent over a WT heavy to the local congregations in the Newtown area to demonstrate how to conduct meetings for field service and put the publishers on literature placement mode’:

1). ‘All Suffering Soon To End’-- tract.

2). ‘When Someone You Love Dies’-- brochure.

• scotoma
    scotoma

Billy,

" Jehovah’s Witnesses in the area are offering assistance and spiritual comfort to the families and communities affected by this tragedy ."

And some in the area will accept their assistance and comfort whether you like it or not.

• cedars
    cedars

Thanks scotoma - I always like to know who are the apologists on this board. Just when one disappears, another seems to step out of the woodwork. I appreciate your honesty in that regard.

I am merely offering advice so you don't stray from your "factual" style into the combative parochial style that tends to turn off many who are on the fence.

Given that you're so wide of the mark in guaging the forum's reaction to JW.org's report on Sandy Hook, you'll forgive me if I don't value your advice as highly as you would probably like me to. Thanks all the same.

Cedars

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit