JW.org reports on the Sandy Hook shooting...

by cedars 112 Replies latest jw friends

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Those are classic pics, but sadly they are accurate. How do u approach a person who's kid was just blown to pieces with a fake smile, a crappy conversation opener, and a mag to bring spiritual comfort?

• cedars
    cedars

If evidence is really needed to convince certain posters that the Watch Tower Society is self-absorbed when it comes to caring only about JWs, perhaps we need another thread on the subject to gather all the evidence.

Here is just one example in the propaganda video that was posted on JW.org about the Japanese tsunami response...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DYSUrg2npA

Notice how at 00:30 the narrator says "...Jehovah's Witnesses arranged to help meet the immediate needs of their fellow worshippers and other victims."

However, as the video drags on, it quickly becomes apparent that the "brothers and sisters" were the actual intended recipients of the relief efforts mounted by the organization. As far as the Watch Tower Society is concerned, non-JW disaster victims are further down the pecking order.

Cedars

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

or as some put it, they are going to die at armageddon anyways so why bother

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Ditto, flipper, Ditto:

‘Jehovah's Witnesses and the WT Society ALWAYS, ALWAYS print WT or Awake articles patting themselves on the back talking about their own relief efforts of helping MAINLY Jehovah's Witnesses as if to indicate that somehow, someway NOBODY else on planet earth is helping people in disasters ! They are a smug, self serving bunch of people who are taught that people outside of the JW religion are " worldly " and not worth saving unless they show an interest in the WT Society.’

• designs
    designs

Each day this week Services will be held for the children and adults killed, Jewish and Catholic services were among the first. I am glad that the 2 Witness children were not harmed although they to must be very upset by what happened to their class mates. The Wt. is not ready or able to join the greater community of humans they claim to love and minister to, not yet anyway.

• scotoma
    scotoma

Cedars,

In response to your defense it is true you weren't criticizing individual JW's.

"You fail to justify why a religious organization with only 7.5 million members should respond to these events in the same way as the media of a country would regarding its citizens.

I'm sorry if you think I am unreasonable for being appauled that the Society apparently feels that two JWs surviving the shooting is AS newsworthy as the 20 non-JW kids who died."

It's called connection. There may be JW's in distant parts of the world who may know of certain JW's in various disasters. It frees people who may have an acquaintance from worry. Your other mistake is that JW's really consider themselves a "nation" and their brothers and sisters as fellow citizens of that nation. 7.5 milion is the average size of member nations at the UN.

• cedars
    cedars

scotoma

If you feel that the Society's emphasis on whether JWs were killed in the massacre is justified because they are a "spiritual nation", and a religious affiliation somehow counts as a nationality, then you are entitled to that opinion.

However, myself and others feel that this brief press release is typical of the self-concern that is inherent in JW ideology.

Cedars

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    I'm sorry if you think I am unreasonable for being appauled that the Society apparently feels that two JWs surviving the shooting is AS newsworthy as the 20 non-JW kids who died.".....It's called connection....

By JW`s who are "disconnected" from everyone and everything,but themselves..

I love Me!..

....................  mutley-ani1.gif ...OUTLAW

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Mere tokenism from the jw.org website: ‘….Jehovah’s Witnesses in the area are offering assistance and spiritual comfort to the families and communities affected by this tragedy….’

Notice the following example of countless many other examples from miles away showing the spirit of the 'world':

Just heard on the news that some individuals from Oregon (some 2,800 miles away) sent 26 reefs as a gesture of how much they (in Oregon) are hurting for the families and folks in Newtown.

And to think that WT will not allow its' 100,000+ congregations to offer up prayers is indeed sad!!!

• scotoma
    scotoma

Cedars,

In response to your defense it is true you weren't criticizing individual JW's.

"You fail to justify why a religious organization with only 7.5 million members should respond to these events in the same way as the media of a country would regarding its citizens.

I'm sorry if you think I am unreasonable for being appauled that the Society apparently feels that two JWs surviving the shooting is AS newsworthy as the 20 non-JW kids who died."

It's called connection. There may be JW's in distant parts of the world who may know of certain JW's in various disasters. It frees people who may have an acquaintance from worry. Your other mistake is that JW's really consider themselves a "nation" and their brothers and sisters as fellow citizens of that nation. 7.5 milion is the average size of member nations at the UN.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit