JW.org reports on the Sandy Hook shooting...

by cedars 112 Replies latest jw friends

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Just visited jwtalk.net forum. Felt like I’d just been to a congregation meeting. I almost fell asleep reading thru some of the stuff. Talk about dulls-ville!

It’s good to be home to…..JW.Net.

Thank you Simon and Company.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Does WT show practical love when tragedy strikes?

After two religious leaders, a Levite and Priest, refused to show compassion to an individual in need, a third person, a worldly Samaritan, saw an opportunity to help his fellow man who was near dead. The account at Luke 10:33-35 reads as follows:

33 But a certain Sa·mar′i·tan traveling the road came upon him and, at seeing him, he was moved with pity. 34 So he approached him and bound up his wounds, pouring oil and wine upon them. Then he mounted him upon his own beast and brought him to an inn and took care of him. 35 And the next day he took out two de·nar′i·i, gave them to the innkeeper, and said, ‘Take care of him, and whatever you spend besides this, I will repay you when I come back here.’

Jesus concludes with this question at Luke 10 vs 36:

36 Who of these three seems to you to have made himself neighbor to the man that fell among the robbers?” 37 He said: “The one that acted mercifully toward him.” Jesus then said to him: “Go your way and be doing the same yourself.”

Is providing a Watchtower magazine, a Brochure about the dead or a Tract about suffering what Jesus had in mind about showing mercy to persons when tragedy strikes?

The lesson WT needs to learn from the 'Worldly Samaritan' at Luke 10:29-37 is that... 'Actions Speak Louder Than Words!'

• Room 215
    Room 215

Bangalore: "Micah" the contributor to the JW forum you mention above posed a couple of very interesting questions; I notice nobody attempted to reply to him....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit