It is OFFICIAL they want MORE MONEY : NEW ANNOUNCEMENT!!!

by raymond frantz 104 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• DNCall
    DNCall

Athough my experience is limited having attended only two congregations, my impression is that very few congregations have three months operating expenses on hand let alone a surplus amount that they can forward to headquarters. In the congregations I attended, operating expenses were pretty much month-to-month.

• undercover
    undercover

an elder came on the platform to announce that the Society needs more money and there is a letter on the noticeboard for all the congragation to read to this effect.

The Society in brief,requests any brother or sister with funds sitting on personal accounts to loan them to the Society ,he didn't go into any specifics but I will take a picture of the letter next time and make it available here .

They always want more money, that's nothing new.

But -

Something about this doesn't add up. Hate to have to call BS on the OP, but until I see the letter, I'm not buying the 'woe is me' story and the asking of personal loans from the individual publishers.

• designs
    designs

Sounds like this annoucement needs to be confirmed by more still in.

• sir82
    sir82

Nothing on the super-duper secret-spy section of JW.org that shows such a letter (i.e. it's not a BOE letter to all US congregations).

A couple of possibilities spring to mind:

-- Each COBE has a "personal" inbox for super-sensitive communications from "mother". Maybe such a letter was sent to COBEs only

-- Maybe the WTS has demographic information and has sent "targeted" requested to certain areas. It wouldn't do much good to ask for "extra funds" from congregations in Swampland Mississippi; but there may be rich congregations in Silicon Valley, or Manhattan, or other areas with pockets of wealth.

• raymond frantz
    raymond frantz

I hear from many hear ,especially in the UK that this announcement has not been made .I gather one of the reasons is that the local announcements have stoped as an item at the meeting .Please check your noticeboard I could be there for all read ,if you can get a scan please do it will shed more light in this matter

• elderelite
    elderelite

i cannot confirm, HOWEVER it may not be "bs" in a pure sense. I have heard such announcments made locally when a building project is going on, be it local KH or new assembly hall. Under those circumstances it is SOP to ask for intreset free loan, so the announcment may simply have been local in nature

• raymond frantz
    raymond frantz

sir82: "Maybe the WTS has demographic information and has sent "targeted" requested to certain areas. It wouldn't do much good to ask for "extra funds" from congregations in Swampland Mississippi; but there may be rich congregations in Silicon Valley, or Manhattan, or other areas with pockets of wealth. "

That could be the case ,all elders now have a password for the jw.org .I t could be domagraphic ,as the are I'm in (sorry can't give more is super rich) with a fat balance in the bank

• raymond frantz
  • elderelite
    elderelite

negative. It is NOT a demographic announcement. First, the branch has no way to know differentiate the rich from the poor in a given area. It would be naive to think that everyone in a particular city is either well off or below the poverty level. Every city, every state, every town for that matter, has a mix of people and demographics so trying to single out specific congregations to hit up for money is just not practical.

Second, the branch has never made an announcement of any sort to a specific demographic. To general areas in the case of emergency's yes, but not to specific demographics.

Third, its a cult. They expect even the poor to donate generously. They wouldnt deny anyone a chance to give till it hurts.

• sir82
    sir82

Yeah, I realize the "demographic" thing was a stretch. But it seems odd that there would be no general BOE letter on this.

So I guess maybe it's a COBE letter, or maybe a local request for $$ to support an Assembly Hall project that the elder messed up by reading it as a request for the whole WTS.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit