It is OFFICIAL they want MORE MONEY : NEW ANNOUNCEMENT!!!

by raymond frantz 104 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Ray please check your PMs.

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "They should borrow money from banks, like like other companies do." Satanus, page 1

Ah, but with banks they would have to enter a legally-binding contract which the banks would be swift to enforce if the Watchtower Society reneges on the loan.

When the Watchtower Society fails to pay the rank&file JWs back, most will simply sigh and declare that they meant it as a "donation" anyway, then go off to suffer their impoverished state in silence, waiting on "jehovah" for something - "armageddon", justice, whatever....

[I'm just on the first page, so somebody has probably pointed this out already.]

Whoops! Looking at page #4...

So, many people think they're calling for extra Kingdom Hall cash, instead...

I wouldn't be too surprised if more calls for cash go out in the future, directed specifically AT the rank&file...

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Although I'm dubious about the OP's claim (I was at the meeting last night and actually paid attention to the announcements for once, so unless the letter hasn't made its way to the platform yet...), I did note in a post last night that they read the accounts report. Can I ask, is that something that others are still hearing from the platform? Because as noted in the letter (quoted in the thread that blondie's post above links to), that was one of the items that the Society said "do not need to be read".

I secretly suspected at the time that the elder body was most likely to "rebel" against that particular announcement being removed as soon as money got short, thus my ears perked up last night when the brother with the first part announced numbers that made it clear that we had a shortfall last month. The whole idea of removing the full announcements from the TMS was asinine, but especially the part where the Society expects the friends to read the bulletin board (HA! HAHAHAHA!) to find out how we did financially last month.

• tornapart
    tornapart

Grumblecakes .. the dropping of announcements has been very recent. It was felt they weren't necessary so five minutes extra was added to the book study and announcements dropped. If there are any letters to be read or something important it is added to another part on the SM. Otherwise everyone needs to look at the noticeboard for any other info. (like hall cleaning, FS changes etc).

• a watcher
    a watcher

I give money to Jehovah's organization like I pay my taxes.

Both will have to answer to Jehovah for what they do with the money.

My only concern is to obey scripture.

"...none should appear before Jehovah empty-handed." (Deut 16:16)

• alanv
    alanv

a watcher, I know you mean well, but firstly those clowns do not represent Jehovah, and secondly Christians are not under the laws to Israel any more. By giving them money all you are doing is help postpone the day when they can no longer operate.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Does anyone know, has Atlantis posted the letter? He usually seems to.

• Simon Morley
    Simon Morley

Was this an announcement read to other congregations? I would be more inclined to beleive it if others on this board reported the exact same to their SM this week.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Meeting last night. West coast. Nothing like this mentioned. Could be regional, or a misunderstanding. Or possibly delayed.

• Splash
    Splash

There was a new instruction two months ago that the accounts report be read to the cong on the second Thu of every month.

The accounts forms have even changed to include a public report.

Splash

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit