It is OFFICIAL they want MORE MONEY : NEW ANNOUNCEMENT!!!

by raymond frantz 104 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• ruderedhead
    ruderedhead

I hate to sound stupid, but how does one lend the society money? If they have 100 people who say they will lend them funds, do they sign promissory notes to all of those people, promising to pay back the money by a certain date? Otherwise, how would they know who lent the momey, and how could one prove the were the lender?

• shamus100
    shamus100

There is no low they won't stoop to.

Someone pass me a beer - I love watching this. ;)

• grumblecakes
    grumblecakes

whoa, raymond, what do you mean they "abolished local announcements"?!?!??

i went to meeting on tuesday but i honestly couldnt make myself pay attention...

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I just got back from the meeting and no such announcement was read at my congregation. I would love to see a scan of that letter. Maybe our brother just didn't read it all? There was the usual budget report and we were told that for 8 months we have been operating in the red. I thought " Hell's yeah!! ". They said to look at your circumstances and see what you can do. The " brothers " ( GB I assume ) really appreciate what you do.. I thought " why don't YOU pay my medical bills, and YOU pay the rent at the KH you rich SOB's! ".

MORE DETAILS PLEASE!!!!!

• A.M. Number 1
    A.M. Number 1

"That is what happened initially with me. I went for years under duress, and the first stand I made was to stop donating. If there are a lot more faders these days trapped in the religion, they will notice a drop in donations internally as well as from the territory."

Yes, this is exactly what happened with me too. I stopped giving when I was still at Bethel. I used to raid the stationary store in the Farm lobby too. I still have a bunch of mix tapes made with the blank tapes they had there.

• fresia
    fresia

put 5Cents into the three box's. Amen

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They can't have any of mine. It is easy to spend the money on things that actually do real good.

Example: Anyone that has survived the superstorm knows about blackouts. As a minimum, I recommend getting at least 2 flashlights each that take 1 or 2 AA batteries which can be NiMH, one lantern that takes 3 D batteries that can be NiMH, and one headlamp for each person that can take NiMH batteries. The crap at the box stores is not good enough since they burn through batteries too quickly. You want at least 2 spare changes of batteries, and I prefer the new low self-discharge NiMH, for each lantern or light. You will also need battery chargers to handle it--ideally, enough to charge your whole stash of NiMH batteries at once. When the lights go out, you will have ample batteries on hand. As they run down, place them in the charger and replace them. The lights only have to come on for a few hours, and all your batteries will be fully charged again. The cost of doing this is about 120 toilet papers for flashlights, 50 for the lantern, 50 more for a charger that handles 4 D batteries or a big one that handles 16 AA batteries, and 40 for a good headlamp.

Or, you can give it to those scumbags that will waste it on rubbish. How many idiots I have seen stuffing 20's into that box like it's nothing--in the course of a year, the money you don't donate could have been used on the above supplies. About 300 for lights and chargers, and another 200 for batteries--and, if you follow the "suggestion(??)" of 5 toilet papers per publisher per boasting session, you will be able to finance your blackout emergency kit in one year. You will get quality products that will outlast most storm blackouts and virtually any energy crisis related blackouts. That is what you are throwing away.

Another way to put it: LED light bulbs are getting more practical to install. Just skip 1 1/2 to 2 weeks of donations, and you get to change one squiggly thing out for one LED. Keep that up, and you can have most of them swapped out in a year or so. Then, you have the bulbs, you can turn them off and on without ruining them, and you save money on your electricity bill. (Which you do not donate--you can use the savings on other supplies of your choosing.)

Either way, preparing for emergencies, investing and protecting it, or spending it on enjoyable things, you are better off stiffing the parasites.

• Splash
    Splash

@WTWizard

I have some D to AA convertors for a great 4xD flashlight I own. The AA's slip inside the D sized holders.

Means I can just use AA's in everything, no worrying about having multiple sizes.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Energy-Sistem%C2%AE-Battery-NNaturaTM-Converter/dp/B000U57Y4A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1352458399&sr=8-1

Now I have the option of using D's or AA's in one of my torches.

Splash.

• raymond frantz
    raymond frantz

Local Announcements : There has been a letter to that effect ,there won't be any time allocated for local announcements .

Donations :I will try to take a photo a letter next time when I'm at the meeting and then post the letter here (watch this space)

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

One surmises upon the fact that the WTS. has sold many branches around the world including many properties owned by them

in Brooklyn New York. Add in the fact that most of their larger branches have posted millions in operative surpluses. (Canada, UK, USA)

Makes one wonder what they are up to. ???

The other possibility is that they've loaned out too much for Congregation renovation costs so they are operating close to balance.

I get more of an impression though that the WTS. is underhandedly trying to get their possessional hands on as much real-estate as they can

such as Kingdom Hall tittles and other sources of income, for a final fleecing of the flock before it reemerges or involves into another

organization with a different name and identity.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit