I HATE THEM, I HATE THEM, I HATE THEM!!!

by AGuest 82 Replies latest jw friends

• thewiz
    thewiz

Thank you AGuest. You have convienently fell into my trap. I'm not going to repspond to everthing but suffice it to say you satisifed my
    curiosity about you.

So when the JDubs sound their warning about the end of this world and people don't respond, then can they rightfully say: "You're gonna die if you don't listen."

THEIR false, sick, religious beliefs... beliefs that denied a man his RIGHT to believe in God the way HE wished to... that predisposed him.
    So if I believe God is a pile of shit, I can? And does it make it true for me?

And no from what you said this guy was off his rocker before "THEY" got to him. If it must be said it sounds like YOU "murdered" them for not helping him. Instead you fed him.

But don't worry, Daivd was a murderer and he was still loved by God.

• bigboi
    bigboi
    And no from what you said this guy was off his rocker before "THEY" got to him. If it must be said it sounds like YOU "murdered" them for not helping him. Instead you fed him.

There lies the problem I've had with this whole Bryant story. There are probably tens of thoussands of ppl who were treated the same way because of WTS policies. If you include other religions the number could quite literally jump into the millions. Yet, all these ppl did not act on the destructive impulses they felt because of whatever...

To blame the WTS for what Mr. Bryant did to himself and his family is, imo, wrong.

To blame someone who at least attempted to offer some help to the man is just plain silly.

Shelby, I offer my heartfelt condolences to you.

God bless Mr. Bryant and his family.

ONE.....

bigboi

• AGuest
    AGuest

He-looo... dear Wiz... and again, peace to you.

Since it's Saturday...

Thank you AGuest. You have convienently fell into my trap.
    Hmmmm... I have to wonder what kind of person even 'lays' traps... But, I don't know as I 'fell' into one; I simply thought you INVITED me. Slick you... unwary me... sure, right.

John 1:47

I'm not going to repspond to everthing but suffice it to say you satisifed my curiosity about you.
    If there was something you wished to know about me, dear Wiz, all you needed do was ask. I had/have nothing to hide...

So when the JDubs sound their warning about the end of this world and people don't respond, then can they rightfully say: "You're gonna die if you don't listen."
    Well, I mean, unless the laws of their land prohibits such freedom of speech, then, yeah, they have that right. Now, whether it's MORAL... but then we're not discussing morals, yet, are we?

You then quote me:

THEIR false...
    They claim to be 'the truth', which is false... so, yes...

sick...
    They turn people against one another and teach and foster hatred, all the while calling it love... so, yes...

religious
    Well, they call themselves a 'religion' and have registered as such in various lands... so, yes...

beliefs...
    That's what they are... so, yes...

beliefs that denied a man his RIGHT to believe in God the way HE wished to...
    Well, they DID... so, yes...

that predisposed him.
    It did. Wiz, dear, the man was BROUGHT UP to believe that if you turned away from THESE people... you've turned away from God. Yes? And if one is truly a God-loving man, and becomes convinced NOT that he is loved by God... but shunned... BY GOD... by means of a people who shun him, supposedly IN THE NAME of God... what reason does he have to live? And if the ONLY people he knows, by means of family, friends and livelihood, to whom is he able to turn to find out differently?

You don't SEEM that... ummmmm... ignorant... dear Wiz. It isn't rocket science.

So if I believe God is a pile of shit, I can?
    Well, CERTAINLY! There are all KINDS of folks... including here on jw.com, who believe such...or worse. There's even more who don't believe God is anything at all. And guess what: they CAN!

And does it make it true for me?
    Uh, I dunno... does it? It certainly doesn't make it true... for ME. Just as what the WTBTS says is not 'true' for me, nor what I say 'true'... for them. C'mon... this is NOT rocket science!

And no from what you said this guy was off his rocker before "THEY" got to him.
    But, then, hypocrite, that is YOUR 'truth', isn't it? But it isn't MINE, for I adamantly disagreement with you. Hypocrite.

If it must be said it sounds like YOU "murdered" them for not helping him.
    Uh, I think you might want to go back and read what I shared with the board on this subject. I didn't reject him; not at all. I loved him.

Instead you fed him.
    Well, yeah! And what I did is what I 'ought to have done'... loved him and offered him sanctuary from the 'ravenous wolves'. But, they got to him anyway, eventually, for he was ABANDONED to them, by the 'hired man', the GB, who SHOULD have protected him from such predators, wolves, wild beasts who prey on men's SOULS... but did NOT... for he was not THEIR sheep!

John 21:15-18
    John 10:7-13

But don't worry, David was a murderer and he was still loved by God.
    And thus it is not YOUR business, nor mine, to pass judgment, is it? Unlike YOU, however, I attempted to follow my Lord's admonishment at Matthew 5:43-48, so as to PROVE myself a son of my Father, the Holy One of Israel, JAH OF ARMIES. You, on the other hand... have done just as these men have done and 'judged'. Unfortunately, with the same judgment that YOU judging, I now say to you that you will BE judged. But... I ask that you, too, are forgiven, for I forgive you.

John 20:23

My peace remains, Wiz. Truly.

YOUR servant still, and a slave of Christ,

SJ

• rem
    rem

I think it's a very serious matter when people hear voices in their heads. My uncle used to hear voices. At one point he became so paranoid that we were afraid for our lives. The voices were telling him to kill members of his family. In the end he killed himself before he had the chance to harm anyone else. Tragic as it was, it could have been worse, as in the case of the Bryant family.

rem

"We all do no end of feeling, and we mistake it for thinking." - Mark Twain
  • AGuest
    AGuest
    I think it's a very serious matter when people hear voices in their heads.

And I think it's kinda... ummmm... 'ironic' that when one says they hear a voice... or voices... others AUTOMATICALLY ASSUME it's "in their heads". Talk about jumping to conclusions...

I think some here would do good to read EVERYTHING stated, word for word and not just glide over it with a ho-hum attitude, especially if they're gonna comment, quote, respond, etc. (Although, I do understand that if you came from the WTBTS you were trained to read AROUND stuff, like ONLY the study articles, ONLY the margins, ONLY the highlighted portions, ONLY the paragraphs headers... and nothing much else than what they told you.)

Try to stay with me, people. For OFTEN times, the 'search'... proves more profitable... than the 'goal'.

Peace.

A slave of Christ,

SJ (who has grown tired of this particular thread and will attempt to move on...)

Peace.

• rem
    rem
    And I think it's kinda... ummmm... 'ironic' that when one says they hear a voice... or voices... others AUTOMATICALLY ASSUME it's "in their heads". Talk about jumping to conclusions...

What other conclusion is there when someone hears voices that others cannot? It's obviously not coming from an outside source. It's in your head, but to you it doesn't seem like it is. My uncle didn't think the voices were just in his head - he wouldn't believe the doctors when they told him. Interestingly enough, the voices seemed to stop when he took his medication. Before he killed himself he had stopped taking his medication and the voices in his head came back. Yes, it is truly a serious issue that should not be minimized or rationalized.

rem

"We all do no end of feeling, and we mistake it for thinking." - Mark Twain
  • gravedancer
  • peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

What can I say but that this is one of the unfortunate fruitages of religion. I'm afraid to attempt to sway her thinking away from her delusion for fear of the consequences to her if I am successful. Peace to you,speak about your experience to everyone you meet until you no longer feel the need to.

• Imbue
    Imbue

Shelby,
    What do the voices tell you to do? Do they tell you to do good things or bad things?

If you went to a Doc and took medication and it made the voices go away then wouldn't that prove the voices are not from God. If they remained after taking medication it would not prove the other way because meds don't work for everyone. Why not put it to this test? Only you could benifit.

The shame here is how JWs can't deal with anything. If you really do have problems you become a blemish to the cong and they look for any excuse to get rid of you. Where's this so called Christen love they claim to have.

• thewiz
    thewiz

Just one last comment from me on this.

From what I read in MY bible and the illustration Nathan gave to David about the cherished family pet can I not draw the same conclusion that David himself drew? (2 sam 12:5;12:9) Namely that David was a murderer?

And, if Mr. Bryant did indeed wipe out his family, can I not say that he is/was a murderer?

How is that judging? That's what happened.

You plainly said yourslef, that ?well before? this tragic incident happened he was hearing voices. Clearly not a sign of mental stability.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit