Atheist Miracles

by Perry 130 Replies latest jw friends

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

OK, There was nothing and then nothing created God. Space and time

had no beginning, therefore space and time (nothing) created this spiritual being

that had nothing to do. So that spiritual being was lonely no friends.

So he said I need some playmates, so Bam!! he created some toys (US)..

This spiritual being was young and just like a young child he would throw tantrums,

the flood and etc. Just like a child he wanted all the attention but he forgot he

came from nothing.

Make sense????

• Perry
    Perry

Village Idiot,

Without a shed of evidence, the multi-verse idea was trotted out as an atheist response to real observable evidence about the uniqueness of our universe. If the multiverse idea is true, then it is also true that Batman and the Tooth Fairy exists .... somewhere.

James,

We can somewhat prove space, time and matter had a beginning, because of the observation of slight inflation in the universe. The evidence points to Something creating/starting matter, space and time. It follows that this Something exists independently of matter, space and time. In other words, self-existing eternally without time. This Something is God. The dictionary defines God as: God : the perfect and all-powerful spirit

The god you describe is not the God in the dictionary that most people think of when the term God is mentioned, him being perfect, benevolent etc. Since he is the embodiment of "good" and we are not, we would have no idea whatsoever if for instance whether it was "good" or not if we ourselves would create a universe where the wages of sin wasn't death.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Perry,

"Without a shed of evidence, the multi-verse idea was trotted out as an atheist response to real observable evidence about the uniqueness of our universe."

As I said before it is Cosmologists, irrespective of their religious faith, who are making those statements. You might as well claim that atheists are behind the idea that the earth is 4.5 billion years old when in fact there are Christians who believe that (though you'll claim that they are misled).

And, once more, can you even understand the arguments that proponents of the multi-verse use? Have you ever looked up the other side of this issue in order to see whether or not they do have evidence? All you do is cut and paste things which you yourself cannot understand. In psychology this is called confirmatory bias.

• Berengaria
    Berengaria
    Perry, I would love to hear your thoughts on Jade Helm 15
  • James Mixon
    James Mixon

Time, space and matter is always relative to an observer, without the universe there would be

no corresponding concept of time, space and matter. In short no one know.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    real observable evidence about the uniqueness of our universe

Not that I fully support the multiverse, as it's just too early in man's infancy of understanding to figure it all out. We have a long way to go, BUT......

......how the hell is there real observable evidence about the uniqueness of our universe? We can't see any other universe so we have nothing to compare it to. If you left out "real observable evidence" I could see it. It probably is unique among the many universes, or unique as the only one. But you don't know anymore than those whose math theorizes other universes. And the math is more than a shred of evidence. Black holes used to just be mathematical in existence until they found them. Some of what they do at the Large Hadron Collider used to be just mathematical.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    Nothing created GOD....

That's what it has to be for Perry's truth to be truth.

Atheists say, "in the beginning, nothing". Christians are saying, 'In the beginning, God..."

If something could not come into existence (or always exist in some form), then God could not come into existence (or always exist).
    (Again, I know that there was no 'always' or anything 'before' time existed.)

• Perry
    Perry
    ......how the hell is there real observable evidence about the uniqueness of our universe?

The dozens of cosmological constants, some of which I listed, that make our universe infinitesimally unlikely are not disputed by science.

OTWO,

Here's an interesting scripture relating to some of what we are all talking about:

“In the beginning, Lord,

you laid the foundation of the earth,

and the heavens are the work of your hands.

They will come to an end,

but you will remain forever.

They will all wear out like clothes.

You will roll them [the heavens] up like a robe,

and they will be changed like clothes.

But you remain the same,

and your life will never end.” - Hebrews 1

After the thousand year reign of Christ, there will be a new heavens and a new earth. It is interesting that this event, being alluded to here in Hebrews 1, speaks of the heavens being rolled up like a fabric or a robe. This was written thousands of years before scientists started to think of space, time and matter as a fabric. And apparently, it is no more difficult to demolish and rebuild than changing a T shirt ....for God.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon
    My head is spinning..
  • OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    That's right. Pick a single sub-point within an answer and ignore the gist of it. Okay, millions of universes are unique then.
    And I won't pretend to understand the cosmological constant beyond the elementary- the value of the energy density of the vacuum of space. But I like how Perry pretends because he copied and pasted it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit