What REALLY Convinced You To Leave/Lose Faith in JWs?

by Recovery 106 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• maninthemiddle
    maninthemiddle

Undercover, you must really have been disturbed when the wine was (sometimes) poured out after the memorial!

• SophieG
    SophieG

The emotional/mental toll of not being able to be properly indoctrinated. My mind kept resisting “group think” and behavior control. I could not assimilate.

Trying to understand why I could not be conformed led me to reading about high-control groups and cults. Learning what I was a part of really freaked me out.

Finally, I broke down and started reading information critical to the WTS. I finally understood why such things as 607/1914 never made any sense or that the ‘generation’ change was odd to me. I also wondered about things when the blood fractions came up.
    COC confirmed what I had secretly felt about the GB. I was completely out after I read that.

• undercover
    undercover

you must really have been disturbed when the wine was (sometimes) poured out after the memorial!

hahaha Naw... our hall had plenty of alcoholics. It never went to waste, even that shitty fermented grape juice they used.

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

What first got me considering that they are wrong is the fact that they dare to use the 2 witness rule in the bible to justify not calling the police if a child is molested or raped. It is pharisaical to put a rule in place of someone elses welfare.

Jesus himself showed how wrong those pharisees were by critisizing them for not doing things out of compassion on the sabbath. So they seriously would let a child rapist go unpunished because, "well it is his word against that 5 year old girl.. nobody else complained". Haven't they heard of spirit of the law.. idiots. Jesus said you would get saved by:

1. Loving Jehovah

2. Loving your neighbor as yourself. Period!

Is it showing love to Jehovah by abusing that 2 witness scripture? Is it loving to allow a filthy pedophile free to rape other children?

Anyway after I struggled with that then rest falls into place.

• blondie
  • sabastious
    sabastious

I broached the subject of the Watchtower cover up regarding Candace Conti with my older brother. He told me straight faced that he understood why the society would have to cover it up. He admited that in his mind the Society can do no wrong. I sat there on the couch next to him, in utter horror, while he sympathized with the Watchtower's dilema and condoned their abhorent solutions. It almost turned me white. What's truly flabberghasting is that if I chose to kill a fly that was bothering me, I would get a lecture from HIM on how Jehovah remembers all life you take, even the small animals and insects. The morality of Jehovah's Witnesses is so askew it's hard to even fathom how they live their daily lives. All of them eagerly awaiting the end of the world to come and save them from their toils. All the while their morals slowly degrade into a hollow, lifeless carapace.

-Sab

• BlindersOff1
    BlindersOff1

The laughable overlapping generation clap trap . Then the scales fell from my eyes and I became able to use critical thinking skills

to uncover historic lies and the current lies in abundance .

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

The final straw for me was coming to the realisation that the GB elevated themselves above Jesus, I just had to walk then.

Prior to that, about 18 months before, I had read Daniel properly, and came to realise that the whole 1914 thing was simply not in the Bible.

Throughout my life (as I was born-in) I had many other things I simply could not swallow, such as some great bible prophecy being fulfilled by Rutherford and gang lurking amongst the trees at some convention in Ohio in the 1920's. WHAAAT ?????

I foolishly believed that jehovah had an interest in the religion, and waited for him to correct things, until I realised that it was run by men for men and God had nothing to do with it.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

In addition to what I previously said Recovery ....... the Gospel as taught and professed by the

Watchtower publish house is not the Gospel of the bible, its a maligned and corrupt commercialized version created

exclusively by the WTS. to supports its literature distribution agenda.

As many have realized the Truth about the "Truth" is the real reason so many people leave this man made corrupt religion

which created a dubious amount of power and money for a few indulgently self inspired men.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

In I think it was 1987 we has a circuit assembly and we were told we could not study just the Bible with people anymore, it had to be one of the WTS books. I had always been happy to take my Bible along and use just that and their version also if that is what a person wished. In about 1987 we were told this was no longer allowed. I even phoned a friend to see if she had the same talk at her assembly, in a different area, and she confirmed it. That was the beginning of the end for me. If people cant sit down and read the Bible together what is going on in a religion?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit