What REALLY Convinced You To Leave/Lose Faith in JWs?

by Recovery 106 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

When the WT wanted me to reject modern, lifesaving medical treatment for my unborn son, the blinders fell off. The rest is history. You can read my farewell letter, here.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Calling me names wont change what the Bible says.

Recovery , don't act like a Troll, then you wont be called a Troll, and garner yourself some respect.

If your honestly willing to debate subjects on certain topics then you will be duely respected here,

but your actions so far on this forum does not equate to be respected at all ........ so ?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    Maybe it hasnt occurred to you that Ive already began to read it? Hmmm, I wonder what Outlaws IQ is.....Recovery

You still haven`t read the book..You`ve begun to read it..

And..

Have already formed an opinion about a book you haven`t finished reading..

You need to read the entire book..

You need to read all Rays books entirely..

Before you can make a statement like this..

I dont feel Ray Franzs books are all encompassing.....Recovery

Otherwise..

Your posts can`t be taken seriously..

............................ ...OUTLAW

• cedars
    cedars

The "makeweight scenario" that I posted on your other thread was the final piece of the jigsaw that brought the house of cards tumbling down for me. After that, I lost my apprehension and was able to research objectively (by reading books like Crisis of Conscience and website like jwfacts.com) without any fear.

If the "increasing light" doctrine cannot be explained scripturally, then there is no reason to believe anything the Watchtower says from the moment they get the first teaching wrong whilst claiming to speak as "God's organization".

Cedars

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    Calling me names wont change what the Bible says.

You're right. It will be archaic, mysoginistic, superstitious tripe, no matter what names people choose to call you.

• james_woods
    james_woods
    Are you familiar with a former poster, here, 'mankelli'? You may enjoy some of his posts.

+ 1 million.

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

i never agreed on the birthday issue, i always thought that it doesn't matter if jesus died on a cross or on a stake and there were many other things, but 607 really did it for me.

flaws and cruelty in the bible led me to reject it and center on the jesus character, but given that the jesus we know of spoke of all this noah's ark crap et al and the fact that the gospels contradict each other plus the many writings that were not included in the bible, i just trashed my faith and continue with my own life. after all, why would anyone else know more about some superhuman being than myself? once i even tried to sell my soul to the devil, but that's another lad you can't count on.

• undercover
    undercover

aw, c'mon guys. Give him a chance.

For me, it was the one paper towel rule at the conventions. In a land of excess, God is going to make his people penny pinch to the point that we can't properly clean their hands after a pooh? We have to remain unclean the rest of the day, during the holiest of holy festivals for JWs? It was obvious Jah was not with these people.

• maninthemiddle
    maninthemiddle

Actually paying atention to the revelation book left me pondering how things were streatched to fit "prophicies".

Then trying to defend the ban on birthdays, I realized how stupid it sounded, then I realized I couldn't openly diagree with the org, that made me realize something was wrong.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    I suppose sebastious animosity stems from the verbal lashing he was given in the FDS thread. Maybe its time to move on. Calling me names wont change what the Bible says.

I really do think you are sick, so it's not an insult. You are lacking in basic morality as evidenced by your creation and subsequent defense of a thread dedicated soley for the smearing of a rape victim. You also seem to be experiecing some sort of mania or possibly narcissism. I suffer from, and manage, an illness of the mind (bi polar II) and I can spot familar symptoms in others. You should see a therapist immediately and really no one should be feeding your destructive behavior any further. Also, you are spelling my name wrong.

-Sab

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit