Anthony Morris III... Did he really serve in Vietnam? Something doesn't quite add up...

by Calebs Airplane 76 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• jws
    jws

Some of my thoughts on this:

kurtbethel asks:

If he was really there, where are the people he served with? Where are his discharge papers, with a date on them? Why has no one came forward who remembers him being there? Why no orders or a shred of paper supporting his story?

This isn't exactly a presidential candidate. JWs are like half of one percent of the US if I recall. And half are women who were less likely to have served and many JWs didn't go to war. And you're asking on JWN. What's the likelyhood of somebody on this list knowing him? Slim to none. It's not like the whole nation's watching and there's somebody out there. No, it's a narrow group to begin with.

And again, it's not like he's a presidential candidate. Nobody surrounding him is asking for proof (or dares ask for proof) so there's no records put out there to prove it. If I mention the high school I went to, most people assume I'm telling the truth. I don't post my diploma on Facebook to prove it. But I can if that comes up. It just never comes up.

I do also have doubts. How does an 18-year-old serve as a medic? Perhaps he could have been trained to do some basic nursing duties. But to be a doctor or surgeon would've required years of training.

Any why is everybody assuming that the "Tony" in the article is Anthony Morris III? It's a similar name and similar dates. And maybe it is him. But no last names are given, so we can't be certain. I'd think if AM3 did face prison time, he'd be touting that too. Point is, we don't know if "Tony" is AM3, so we can't extrapolate from that.

If AM3 did originally have a different birth name, that's kind of pompous to add the III at the end. How can you be a "third" if your father didn't even have that name?

As far as the fast-track to pioneering... Other people have said they've done it rather quickly. I could see that. I could also see motivation and maybe colusion with the elders to get him to pioneer status if he needed to avoid military service. Whether or not he is the "Tony" in question, it could still have been a factor for him as well. But some have done it quickly, so let's give him that.

Hmm... Italian, possible name change? Could this be a new identity? Perhaps he was in the mafia. ...and now he's in the "WITNESS" protection program.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

Anyone else have any info on this?

Can we verify that he served in the military?

• rebel8
    rebel8

I'm willing to submit a request for records if anyone can provide any of the following. Right now I do not have enough info.

• The veteran's complete name used while in service
    • Service number or social security number
    • Branch of service
    • Dates of service
    • Date and place of birth
      • Place of discharge
      • Last unit of assignment
      • Place of entry into the service, if known.

Even if he went by another name in the military, I think it would be useful to find out no one by that name was in the military on the dates in question. It begs the question, why change your name?

• wannaexit
      wannaexit
      His birth name was Anthony Esposito

• blondie
      blondie
      wannaexit, do you know why his name changed.?
    • rebel8
      rebel8

Anyone know his (alleged) branch of service?

Estimated dates of military service?

• barry
      barry
      I thought the JWs weren't allowed in the military and If they were they would keep it under wraps to not offend anyone

Share this

Google+
    Pinterest
    Reddit