Anthony Morris III... Did he really serve in Vietnam? Something doesn't quite add up...

by Calebs Airplane 76 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

Born in 1950, he apparently became a Regular Pioneer in 1971.

But wait...

Let's just say that he enlisted (or was drafted) in 1968 at age 18...

Depending on the branch of service, he would have to complete anywhere from 2 to 4 years of service. Yes, duty in hot combat zones was usually limited to 6-months at a time but you still had to serve a total of 2 to 4 years depending on the branch of service. Assuming he only served 2 years, he would have been 20 years old and discharged by 1970...

How did he get witnessed to, complete a book study, become an unbaptized publisher, get baptized and then become a Regular Pioneer in less than year???

Something doesn't quite add up...

Any insight would be much appreciated...

• sir82
    sir82

I think I saw his story posted somewhere on this site.

It was pretty much as you outlined: in Vietnam 1968-1970, studied & baptized in 1970 (remember it was "6 months or less" back then from 1st study to baptism), pioneer service began 1 year after baptism in 1971.

There are occasional overachievers who start pioneer service on the first day they are eligible, one year after baptism.

• james_woods
    james_woods

If your 1950 date of birth is correct, he would have had to go into the military immediately after graduating high school in 1968.

I too do not see how he could have gone through basic training, went to Viet Nam, and then got discharged in time to become a regular pioneer in 1971.

MAYBE - if he had an early discharge from the military for some reason...

• james_woods
    james_woods

And, may I add to say that he seems to be milking this "I was a Viet Nam vet" for all it is worth...I guess he thinks it makes him distinguished in the Witness World,

Sort of like Rutherford claiming to have been a Judge.

• cedars
    cedars

I think he really was in Vietnam, although I don't think he saw the kind of action that you would normally associate with the conflict. He claims to have served in a medical capacity at Long Binh (which has a Wikipedia article, if you want to look it up), and I'm told that this was one of the safest places to be posted during the Vietnam War.

Undoubtedly he milks the story for all its worth (as james_woods mentioned), but as you see on my YouTube vid, his exploits were less than heroic, and (by his own admission) his poor attitude to the chain of command didn't endear him to his fellow soldiers.

Cedars

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

Thanks Sir82, Cedars and James...

I find that Vietnam veterans who saw any combat usually don't like to talk about the war... they tend to change the subject... whereas Vietnam veterans who saw little to no action like to talk about the war at every available opportunity...

• sabastious
    sabastious

Since the Watchtower conversion process is 100% artificially designed it could easily be tweaked for expedited results. Even a single year is an eternity within a brainwashing room.

-Sab

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

I think this would be a good time for some swift boat veterans to show up and clarify matters, if you know what I mean.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Long Binh Post

The US Army Republic Vietnam Headquarters at Long Binh was at times the largest US base during the Vietnam War.

During the Vietnam War, Long Binh Post was located near Biên Hòa, Ð?ng Nai province. Vietnam, 33 km from Saigon (now called H? Chí Minh City). The base functioned as a U.S. Army base, logistics center, and major command headquarters for United States Army Vietnam (USARV). Long Binh base was not far from Biên Hòa Air Base.

By mid-1967, almost all of U.S. Army Vietnam HQ Command (USARV), 1st Logistics Command, and many other Army units dispersed in Saigon were moved to Long Binh Post to resolve centralization, security, and troop billeting issues. Long Binh Post was a sprawling logistics facility and the largest U.S. Army base in Vietnam with over 50,000 women and men.

The 1st Aviation Brigade, II Field Force, the 93rd & 24th Evacuation Hospitals were located on Long Binh Post. Another unit was the 90th Replacement Battalion, a first stop for newly arrived U.S. Army enlisted personnel, who were then permanently assigned to other units in Vietnam; especially in this context (but influenced by the widely used initials of then-President Lyndon B. Johnson), it was known as "Long Binh Junction".

The Vi?t C?ng attacked the Long Binh ammunitions dump on 28 March 1967, [1] destroying at least 15,000 high explosive 155 mm artillery projectiles. [2]

Anthony Morriss saw these..
    HORRORS of WAR..
    Base facilities

Long Binh Post had dental clinics, large restaurants, snack bars, Post Exchanges, swimming pools, basketball & tennis courts, a golf driving range, University of Maryland extension classes, a bowling alley, many nightclubs with live music (officer, NCO, enlisted), a Chase Manhattan Bank branch, laundry services, and a massage parlor. Long Binh included the Long Binh Stockade (yet another LBJ, "Long Binh Jail"), a U.S. Army prison, from 1966–73, when the facility was turned over to the South Vietnamese. [citation needed]

............................................................................................................................................................................

My War Stories sound Better..

When I tell Them..

Don`t Help Me!..

................................ ...OUTLAW

• Stealth
    Stealth

Back in the early 70s a JW had to be on the fast track to get baptized and pioneer. After all, the end of the system was only months away!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit