Anthony Morris III... Did he really serve in Vietnam? Something doesn't quite add up...

by Calebs Airplane 76 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• dozy
    dozy

I don't doubt that he went to Vietnam as a medic though as others were saying , any resemblance to Hawkeye from M*A*S*H is somewhat exaggerated. It looks like he has been dining out on this experience ( both literally & metaphorically ) for the rest of his life.

He doesn't strike me as a particularly impressive individual , judging by his talks. I suspect that if he wasn't "anointed" he would just be a fairly mediocre congregation elder , maybe not even service committee status & probably rarely used for assembly parts.

It shows the paucity of GB candidates that someone can "come into the truth" in his early 20's & eventually reach GB status. We all know how long it takes for someone who isn't brought up as a JW to become fully assimmilated & comfortable with all the jargon & procedures.

It may well be that from the ( admitttedly increasing ) pool of people who claim to be anointed , one you discount the sisters , the obvious nut jobs , excessively elderly ones etc that there really are only a few "anointed" JWs who could ever be considered as GB members. Scary thought........

• blondie
    blondie

I remember a jw claimed to have been a Navy Seal but was outed as a liar on a site for that. Not before the elders had broadcast this jw's history throughout the circuit.

So what are some organizations and websites that can be used to check this.

Do you have his full name and birthdate?

• cedars
    cedars

Blondie, it's said he was born in 1950. I don't think he has any middle names. I'm sure if he had a middle initial he would use it. After all, he's the type of person who puts roman numerals after his name!

Cedars

• james_woods
    james_woods
    Blondie, it's said he was born in 1950.

Good Lord - this guy is a year younger than me! And - annointed and a GB member!

I guess I have accomplished NOTHING in life...

Seriously - that is awfully young to be annointed by 1960-1970s watchtower standards.

• therevealer
    therevealer

*** w06 3/15 p. 26 New Members of the Governing Body ***
    Brother Morris entered the pioneer service in 1971 in the United States. In December of that year, he married Susan, and they continued pioneering for nearly four years until the birth of their first son, Jesse. In time, they had another son, Paul. Brother Morris reentered the full-time service in 1979 as a regular pioneer. His wife joined him when the boys entered school. The family served where the need was great in Rhode Island and North Carolina, in the United States. In North Carolina, Brother Morris served as a substitute circuit overseer, and the boys took up regular pioneer service. Jesse and Paul were invited to the United States branch at the age of 19. Meanwhile, Brother Morris began circuit work. Then, in 2002 he and Susan were invited to Bethel, starting their new assignment on August 1. Brother Morris worked in the Service Department at Patterson and later as a helper to the Service Committee of the Governing Body.

• sir82
    sir82

Odd, that WT article makes no mention of when good ol' AMIII became "anointed".

You'd think that would be some pretty important information, wouldn't you?

• steve2
    steve2
    Odd, that WT article makes no mention of when good ol' AMIII became "anointed".

I have absolutely nothing to do with the rumor that he was anointed by Agent Orange when serving in Vietnam in 1968. Some served in Vietnam and returned home with PTSD (Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder) but Tony served in Vietnam and returned home with PTJWD (Post-Traumatic Jehovah's Witness Disorder). It takes all sorts I guess.

• Goshawk
    Goshawk

Long Bihn == REMF

• ssn587
    ssn587

military srvice in vietam circa was 12 months unless you were on an extendsion of 6 mo

• ssn587
    ssn587

military srvice in vietam circa was 12 months unless you were on an extendsion of 6 mo. It was 13 months if I remember for the Marines.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit