No more 3-day DCs starting in 2013?

by respectful_observer 162 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

Strange. An active JW approached a Circuit Overseer about this a week ago. The C.O. said "I can't talk about that" not "are you nuts?" Yes or No.

Perhaps it may have to do with SOME facilities that require FRONT money for reservations.

When I was a kid we had them on the cheap at fairgrounds......

• tresdecu
    tresdecu

bump for any new rumors?

anyone? anyone? (said in the voice of that monotone teacher from Ferris Bueler)

• Gayle
    Gayle

I've seen some news items that the WTS had arrangements with some Cenvention Centers for the next few years, even 5 years. Would the WTS be 'locked' into such contracts for the '3-day' Convention as previously? Seems they would have to do a lot of negotiating for changes if they already made contracts?

• stapler99
    stapler99

I know that this won't tell you much, but I've found out that at least one venue in the UK which has been used for district convention for many years will not be hosting one in 2013.

• cedars
    cedars

Thanks stapler99, that's interesting.

Cedars

• Tylinbrando
    Tylinbrando

Same for the Long Beach Convention Center in California. Nothing slated for 2013 after 20 years of having 12 DCs per summer.

http://www.longbeachcc.com/calendar/index.cfm?action=month&cdate=10-1-2013&navid=1200

• Gayle
    Gayle

welcome Tylin,,thanks for the update.

• Theocratic Sedition
    Theocratic Sedition

Hope this rumor is true. Sick of those 3 day conventions. $350 in the hole with nothing to show for it but some lame DVD's, rehashed brochures and a sore bum from sitting in hard uncomfotable seats for three days. .

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

My wife thought it was strange that this year at the end of the DC they did not announce that there will be a DC the next year. Of course the GB did promise that International Conventions would be made available to various states in the U.S. on a rotating basis. There were some jws upset that they were not chosen for an International Convention this year, they feel that the GB will make it available to ones overlooked for the next year.

• tresdecu
    tresdecu

We should know for sure, maybe by Oct for the annual meeting....or at the latest, when dubs study the KM part on the upcoming DC, in Jan. I think.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit