No more 3-day DCs starting in 2013?

by respectful_observer 162 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

was driving home last weekend early on a Saturday morning through London and was watching the many Dubs waiting at bus stops, tube and train stations attempting to get to the Twickenham DC, the "kingdom smile" was definitely missing after the shocking summer we've had, 10 hours of being pee'd on in the cold cant be much fun.

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Lol at Outlaw's picture.

Is the first row still for baptismal candidates? :)

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

The cutbacks are so rapid and severe now you have to wonder whether there is not serious rumbling going on among the ranks about whether the organisation is in crisis mode.

• simon17
    simon17

The cutbacks are so rapid and severe now you have to wonder whether there is not serious rumbling going on among the ranks about whether the organisation is in crisis mode.

Certainly, there are no rumbings. The WBTS has, in general, carte blanche with its members to do what they want without question.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

The Oracle:

You made a good point about the quality of people still in the religion and who are being added and how intelligent people are leaving in escalating numbers. And it isn't just because of the religion's faulty doctrines either.

Anybody with the misfortune to still be there is surrounded by more and more troubled people who aren't even responsible members of society!!! Who the hell wants to be targeted left and right by "needy" people looking for handouts? I would run from these people.

This is what the religion did with its anti-college/career stand. It attracted and deliberately recruited people who have absolutely no education, no ambition not to mention every kind of issue you can possibly think of. Good riddance.

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

Haven't read past the first page, will catch up on it, but wanted to say:

I so called it! So did others too! I also know how they will play this off as "isn't this a sign that Jehovah's organization is moving forward!" by saying that the reduction is to accomodate these economic times and help the brothers not have to go through such great expense for paying for an extra room etc...

We all know that Friday has always been the least attended day of the DC. i.e. not much cash flow incoming. I'll call the next change to 2014, 1 CA and 2 SAD's...

• Sapphy
    Sapphy

13 out of 5,500 at Colchester B convention this past weekend. That figure included the East London and west essex congregations

Rained 3 days solid, toilets backed up & overflowed. Consessions charged £2 for a cup of instant tea or coffee.

Or so Ive been told by people who were trying to sell it to me...

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

Good point LongHairGal. The DC in Sacramento contained more than usual elderly, disabled witnesses., and ones with emotional problems. Many complained about the heat and the drive. It seems logical to stop these District Conventions and just focus on the Circuit Assemblies.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

There has been a rumbling going on about the cutbacks. Many have noticed, many have talked about it among each other even back when I was still in (about a year ago), off course you can't say "the organization is cutting back because they're broke" but it's more like "<insert boogieman> is putting a lot of pressure on all of us" and "<insert revered here> knows the <insert crisis here> is going to have some major fallout, so they're preparing for it, maybe even preparing for <insert world-ending event here>".

• JakeM2012
    JakeM2012

LonghairGirl "This is what the religion did with its anti-college/career stand. It attracted and deliberately recruited people who have absolutely no education, no ambition not to mention every kind of issue you can possibly think of. Good riddance."

As the organization continues to encounter troubled waters, the hand is still stretched out to assist others (of their material possesions before the final day).

sinking shipanother organization sinking

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit