No more 3-day DCs starting in 2013?

by respectful_observer 162 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

When the Zone Overseer visits, Video Conferencing is broadcasted to a few congregations.

This may be a new trend that we will observed in the future...sorry if this has already been mentioned....I read two pages, and marked for later reading.

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

Well,simon17,I can't absolutely confirm it. But,I heard it from an elder's wife. I don't know her source. And I mentioned it to someone else,and they seemed to have heard it too. Then,they started to say something more,but quickly shut up,like what they heard was confidential.

So,it's not just a rumor on this board. It's a rumor throughout dubland too. But,only time will tell if it is true.

• Gayle
    Gayle

Makes sense. So much is getting closed (branches), selling Brooklyn props, downsizing Bethelite numbers, half-sizing public WT & Awakes, no real books, just pamphlets/tracts/dvds (15 min.? Sparlock), two meeting days versus three, shorter meetings, one-day assemblies. Only stands for reason that three-day conventions are just too long and not worth the trouble/money. (recently saw a YouTube clip of JWs on leaving right after convention, no one looked refreshed, nor happified).

Will be great for JWs to just get 'televised' assembly/conventions at their assembly halls, their own KHs, or better, their own computer. Then, they can just get a "real" vacation finally, spend their extra money on needed rest and relaxation.

• St George of England
    St George of England

I was told from a reliable source that our DC is booked for next year in the same football ground we used this year for the first time.

Note also that the CA and SAD programmes for 2012/13 service year, 2 day and 1 day respectively, have been published on JW.org.

Just thinking out loud.

George

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

quoting George... (not sure how to quote properly yet)

There was no announcement regarding next year but rumour has it we are back at AMEX again next year

The speaker in the final talk after thanking all the Amex staff etc. did say that we all hoped to be back next year.

I've not said anything about 2 day DCs to anyone I know and I've not heard any rumours about it amongst our friends.

• tresdecu
    tresdecu

This rumor seems to have fizzled a bit (a la 'no more CO/DO' rumor...) I would have thought by now a few more with good connections would have chimed in. I am still hoping though....one less day would be nice!

I did pay close attention, and the usual mention of the next DC the following year (if it is Jehovah's will)...was not mentioned at all like, so that got me thinking that maybe there's some truth to this...but in the end, true or not, a little speculation is always fun.

TD

• St George of England
    St George of England
    The speaker in the final talk after thanking all the Amex staff etc. did say that we all hoped to be back next year.

Evidently, after 3 days of mind numbing twaddle, George had his mind on other things such as facing the queues to get out of the car park and then home!!

George

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Park in Falmer or Moulsecoomb next time George. Pretty much everyone went by coach, rail or parked in the car park. Street parking was clear and no problems.

Apparently there was a letter about not parking in the streets but I was away when they read it apparently.

• Sauerkraut
    Sauerkraut

District Conventions, I've never liked them much. The best day was Sunday at around 4 PM.

• Gayle
    Gayle

In brief: Jehovah's Witnesses pick El Paso as convention site

Times staff reports elpasotimes.com Posted: 07/20/2012 12:00:00 AM MDT

Jehovah's Witnesses from Texas, New Mexico, Arizona and California will be gathering in El Paso for conventions for the next five years.

The El Paso Convention and Visitors Bureau will host the Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses District Convention for one weekend every August from 2013 through 2017. As many as 5,000 delegates could attend each convention.

"This is great news for El Paso. From restaurants to shopping malls, local attractions, and especially for local hoteliers; everyone is going to reap the benefits of this convention," said Bill Blaziek, general manager of the El Paso convention center.

The first Jehovah's Witnesses District Convention will be Aug. 16-18.

http://www.elpasotimes.com/living/ci_21116440/brief-jehovahs-witnesses-pick-el-paso-convention-site

Indicates a 3-day convention Aug 16-18 (3 days) and through 2017. Even Californians will be assigned there??

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit