No more 3-day DCs starting in 2013?

by respectful_observer 162 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jehu or jehonadab
    jehu or jehonadab

Quailcom Staudiumn in San Diego has only 2 days reserve for the convention next year May 25 and 26.

Interesting for El paso Texas.. Maybe this will be a International Convention?

• tresdecu
    tresdecu

Interesting...I emailed two stadiums. This is the response I got from Qualcomm in (stay classy) San Diego:

They have placed a hold on the Weekend of May 24-26 th .

(deleted individuals name)

Event Coordinator, Qualcomm Stadium

9449 Friars Road

San Diego CA 92108

619-641-3107 ph

619-283-0460 fx

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I also emailed another stadium and there response was this:

These dates are tentative – First 3 Friday through Sunday dates in July. They will not be confirmed until next year.

hard to say at this point...maybe they had the idea too late, so they are going to do another round of 3-day'ers. Or make a change to all these reservations which are tentative. Orrrrr, maybe the friday is reserved for set-up. hmmm. Just thought of that. They do need a full day to set up stage, sound, etc. They have to train the brothers to properly hold the "please return to your seats" signs.

I would think if they were going to have a 3 day DC they would need to book the thursday too (for set up)

Speculate away.............

• baltar447
    baltar447

Interesting thought there tre...

• jehu or jehonadab
    jehu or jehonadab

Tres

my email from the event coordinator of Qualcomm said they only hold May 25 and 26 for 2013.

Maybe a type O.. i will have to respond to the email to double check if they made a Mistake on the dates.

Lets see what they say.

• obarac
    obarac

Who said that for 2013 will be no more 3 days DC?

This is not true.

• simon17
    simon17

Orrrrr, maybe the friday is reserved for set-up. hmmm. Just thought of that. They do need a full day to set up stage, sound, etc. They have to train the brothers to properly hold the "please return to your seats" signs.

You think they would rent out a stadium for an extra day so they can leisurely set up? Never in a million years would they (or anyone) do this.

Usually you can set up early anyway becuase there is nothing scheduled. Sometimes things get jammed in (but THursday nights aren't popular so its rare) and you just have to have installation crews ready to go at midnight. Its not that bad, I've done many of those jobs.

• tresdecu
    tresdecu

@ Simon, you are probably right, I'm sure they don't have to pay full price for a set up day...I was just speculating. This rumor is probably not true, otherwise it wouldn't have fizzled out. I think people in the know would have come out of the woodwork to confirm. It's up there with the no more CO rumor and lower Pioneer Hour rumor. I do think this is something that is probably in their long term buisness plan. Just makes sense to ax fridays.

@ Obarac...the person that started this thread said he heard this from different sources. You say "This is not true"...while I agree it's probably not true or not true yet, why do you say so? Just curious. Do you have a Friday DC Talk outline in your hand? ;-)

• obarac
    obarac

In Island will be 3 days DC. From 9-11. 08. 2013.

And I don't think that in Island will be 3 days DC and in the rest of the world 2 days or whatever.

So ...

• stapler99
    stapler99

Obarac, are you talking about Iceland?

• obarac
    obarac

Yes, Iceland.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit