Christian Apologists - Please Watch This and Tell Us Why it is wrong?

by cantleave 834 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• tootired2care
    tootired2care
    As for Satan being cast down to earth, that's why I didn't say that I know that the heavens never had problems like that of earth. However there is no reason to believe wars in heaven occured where spirit creatures are killed like they are on earth. A war in heaven is not going to be a very tangible thought and requires a war on earth to even logically contemplate the idea.

Sab - This still does not diminish the point about war in heaven. The bible never specified anything about the control of earthly kingdoms transferring over to the good side. The idea that God is backing the U.S. or still backing Isreal has no support in scripture.

Futhermore, If god is working on making heaven on earth in gradual fashion, then his attemps so far have been very unimpressive. Sab a person of reason could hardly accept your explanation of what god is doing now because it's all speculation.

So let's summarize.

1. We see no evidence of god acting in our time.
    2. The scriptures don't support this position.
    3. Freedom and science have gotten us to where we are today.

I think the choice is quite obvious. Keep religion in your living room!

• sabastious
    sabastious
    There is compelling evidence that Jesus was at least studied up on much more than just Judaism...Sab

Based upon what he was recored as saying. Are you saying there is no evidence for the existence of Jesus? I gave the Bart Ehrman article. Jesus existed so the Bible accounts are reports of the actions of a real person. They don't have to be exact accounts to ascertain from them that Jesus was studied up on Buddhism. The Bible is evidence as an alleged historical account.

-Sab

• still thinking
    still thinking

So was Christ telling Buddha all that stuff? And did Jesus find out about it through buddhas teachings?

Was Buddha blessed by god and enlightened?

And if Christ was telling Buddha about it...why didn't Buddha believe in Christ?

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Sab - This still does not diminish the point about war in heaven. The bible never specified anything about the control of earthly kingdoms transferring over to the good side. The idea that God is backing the U.S. or still backing Isreal has no support in scripture.

Now you are misrepresenting my ideas. I never said God is backing the US, I said the US is a choice cut as far as countries go and has God's favor which comes along with whatever it comes along with. God did have a hand in forging the US Constitution however, but God is not backing any country.

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious

Buddah was the eastern Jesus. His followers didn't need to become Christian's because the spirit of Christian philosophy is within Buddhism.

-Sab

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

Then what do you mean by "God's favor"?

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Then what do you mean by "God's favor"?

Being approved and therefore being made available to be molded by God.

-Sab

• tootired2care
    tootired2care
    Being approved and therefore being made available to be molded by God.

Yep...he said that....Sab what if my god is Thor?

• tec
    tec

So was Christ telling Buddha all that stuff?

I listed options... and that is neverminding things I can't concieve of at this time.

Where do universal truths come from? Where does similar wisdom and teachings come from? From love? From the spirit of God? From the spirit of peace?

From experience?

And did Jesus find out about it through buddhas teachings?

Not as far as I understand. Christ learned from His Father.

Perhaps. That is a judgment call that I am not qualified to make.

Peace,

tammy

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Genesis 5:24

New International Version (NIV)

24 Enoch walked faithfully with God; then he was no more, because God took him away.

Genesis 6

8 But Noah found favor in the eyes of the Lord.

Genesis 12

12 The Lord had said to Abram, “Go from your country, your people and your father’s household to the land I will show you.

2 “I will make you into a great nation,
    and I will bless you;
    I will make your name great,
    and you will be a blessing.
    3 I will bless those who bless you,
    and whoever curses you I will curse;
    and all peoples on earth
    will be blessed through you. ”

According to Jewish Lore God watches for certain traits or deeds and then helps that person along into greatness. The same goes for Ben Franklin and George Washington. I believe it's the same process further down the timeline.

-Sab

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit