Christian Apologists - Please Watch This and Tell Us Why it is wrong?

by cantleave 834 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing

Theists refuse to subject their "theories" to peer reviews, because they know they don't fit the facts.

Their "theories" are wholly subjective, or not based on reality at all! Of course they don't stand up to peer reviews.

Remember, too, that theists claim to have some theories, but on the whole, they claim absolute truth. Just how the hell is one supposed to argue with that?

• cantleave
    cantleave

I do not have any problem with philosophy, there is a place for it. All I am saying is god should be placed into the realms of philosophy, myths and fairy tales and not science. Therefore your use of the word theory is misplaced.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Sab: uhm, I'm still not sure where I have discriminated in an unlawful manner. Next: FIGHT TO THE DEATH? WHY do believers always slip into language about war and death? YOU said I declared holy war, I never said any such thing. Dial back the violent rhetoric---I don't condone violence, merely an exchange of ideas. Violence is the believer's realm.

Instead of insisting that someone is intellectually dishonest (dishonesty is a deficiency) you could simply move their idea into the center of the black hole and continue being friends.

When have I insisted that you were intellectually dishonest? On the contrary, I said belief has little to do with intelligence---but to be dishonest would require that you know you are misrepresenting facts. Have I accused you of this?

You ask for too much from believers and it distants yourself from an entire demographic

So? Maybe I think they ask too much by asking me to believe, and they distance themselves. I can distance who I choose. It's no fun to hang with certain kinds of believers. I can still choose my closest associates---that's not discrimination. I just can't refuse to hire or rent to them. But I still get to choose my friends, and they generally aren't people that call me evil and a criminal for voicing my opinions. I also frown on thick-skulled etc.

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing
    Your world view almost completely shoves philosophy out of the picture which is not good for mankind, it's good for you.

I think engaging in philosophical inquiry/debate is very much akin to the use of conceptual reality, and as long as we recognize the difference between conceptual reality v. concrete reality, there shouldn't be a problem.

I should hope no one took offense to philosophy, albeit so long as it's not something egregious like eugenics. At that point, philosophy has crossed the boundary, and needs to be subjected to the concrete reality, full of it's own consequences.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Now, i bet there are some nasty people who would get all evidency and try to bash my bronze age belief we should stone the shit out of NC. But those are my beliefs, dammit, and they have no right to attack my faith with evidence (which we all know is a crime and the opposite of progress) and (tada!) we can safely conclude they are evil as well. I should properly find more stones.

Would you have stood up for the sorcerers right to live if you lived back then? You'd likely pick up a pitch fork and join the mob just to make sure no one knows the truth about your secret morals. Hind sight is 20/20, a perfect world only exists off the vindicated deaths of the innocent. Can you give me an example of when science was invented in a world where sorcerer's were not brualized at some point?

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious
    uhm, I'm still not sure where I have discriminated in an unlawful manner. Next: FIGHT TO THE DEATH? WHY do believers always slip into language about war and death? YOU said I declared holy war, I never said any such thing. Dial back the violent rhetoric---I don't condone violence, merely an exchange of ideas. Violence is the believer's realm.

Go to Saudi Arabia and preach your atheist gospel. Make sure to tell them you are against violence.

-Sab

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Can you give me an example of when science was invented in a world where sorcerer's were not brualized at some point?

We pretty much don't burn witches anymore---but I'm sure there are some pockets. Once science gave us answers to disease, failed crops, natural disasters and dead babies, this went out of style. Thank science for that!

NC

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Go to Saudi Arabia and preach your atheist gospel. Make sure to tell them you are against violence.

Relevance? But this actually supports my comment that violence is in the realm of the believers. Thanks.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    I should hope no one took offense to philosophy, albeit so long as it's not something egregious like eugenics. At that point, philosophy has crossed the boundary, and needs to be subjected to the concrete reality, full of it's own consequences.

I agree, and the law of personal responsibility takes care of things like eugenics. But that doesn't mean we, as a species, don't have our eugenics phase.

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Relevance? But this actually supports my comment that violence is in the realm of the believers. Thanks.

It also supports my point that it's not worth it to fight believers. If I were you I'd give them black holes, we won't be seeing one anytime soon anyway.

-Sab

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit