Are religionists and atheists on the same team?

by Fernando 191 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

The team is metaphorical....meaning they end up producing the same results.

Oh...you were joking. A little slow on the update tonight.

• still thinking
    still thinking
    I am with Tammy here that if a person keeps their unbelief on a level that does not affect their life

But N.drew....it HAS affected my life...In more ways than you can imagine...there are many positives to unbelief. Coming to a point of unbelief can be quite profound.

I want to know...are there some specific colours that unbelievers should wear or maybe avoid so that we recognise one another. Is this some underground movement to convert all to atheism? .....LMAO!!!!

• designs
    designs

'The earth is what we all have in common' W Berry

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Seriously, though, I can see how one might think this, if you believe God cannot be found in mainstream churches.

There are over one billion Catholics on Earth, today. To suggest that a person cannot find God inside the Catholic Church, is to suggest that God allows a massive conspiracy to exist.

Just my two cents.

• still thinking
    still thinking

we don't have 2 cent pieces in NZ anymore...the minimum you can add to the discussion is 5 cents....so that's my 5 cents.

• tec
    tec

I'm actually going to have to go with 'religionists' doing the damage, as opposed to militant atheists. These are the ones spreading lies about God, blind men leading the blind. These are the ones bringing reproach to the name of God and Christ. People who lose or leave their belief in God are often doing so in response to those lies. On the other hand, an atheist can't really lie about God other than to say there is no God.

They can buy into the lies that religion teach, and then use those lies to argue against belief and/or try to show the absurdity. But it still all based on those lies or misunderstandings to begin with. And if a believer happens not to believe in those 'lies' or doctrines, etc, then it seems that they are just dismissed as not being 'real' christians.

Peace,

tammy

• N.drew
    N.drew

still thinking it has effected your life. Effect is a result. The way I understand the difference is a person has no power over being effected. But has all power to avoid being affected.

• tec
    tec

To suggest that a person cannot find God inside the Catholic Church, is to suggest that God allows a massive conspiracy to exist.

People can find (or be found by) God - or Christ - in any place, anywhere. By seeking. But it is dependant upont the spirit, and not upon the religion. Religion can often get in the way of the spirit, if one avoids listening for the spirit, and instead listens to rules, traditions, and men.

At the same time, if we had to have everything right in order to find or be found by Him, then no one would ever find or be found.

Peace,

tammy

• still thinking
    still thinking
    But it still all based on those lies or misunderstandings to begin with

I disagree with that...that may have allerted people to the possibilty that religion is rubbish. But it does not mean we buy into the lies.

• james_woods
    james_woods
    Should probably amend to 'militant' atheists though. I think most atheists just go about their business. Same as many theists.

This is exactly what I think. The militant branch of atheism/agnosticism has in the past been a problem on this forum.

Militant religionism is pretty quickly purged here - but militant atheism has not been.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit