Are religionists and atheists on the same team?

by Fernando 191 Replies latest watchtower bible

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Void after clarification. Never mind.

• still thinking
    still thinking

I don't believe you have to reach very far to come to the conclusion that he was referring to Atheists as false teachers....but yes...maybe he will return to clarify his statement....then maybe we shall stand corrected.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

I'll clarify it with V, if I get the chance and am still interested. Seems silly to go back and forth when we can't ask.

We are all teachers by what we say. If someone asks me my opinion, I share it. I teach them my opinion, whether that changes their view or not. Do you think atheists are teaching the truth about god?

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Okay, well I have to apologize. Maybe you did draw the correct conclusion. Here is another quote from the same poster:

I see Atheists and Religionists on the same team...because I see religion as the antithesis of Christianity.
    Jesus did not start or sanction a religion, despite what the WT antithesis of Christianity claims

My wisdom comment was to the idea that if you find false teachers in either atheism or religion, they are they are on the same team.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

I don't believe you have to reach very far to come to the conclusion that he was referring to Atheists as false teachers....but yes...maybe he will return to clarify his statement....then maybe we shall stand corrected.

Thanks ST. It seemed that way to me. It could be a misunderstanding, and I'm quickly losing interest, but it still seems reasonable to me even after reading it 4 times.

NC

• FlyingHighNow
  • NewChapter
    NewChapter

I do not agree with his reasonings. My wisdom comment was to the idea that if you find false teachers in either atheism or religion, they are they are on the same team.

Okay.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I edited that I do not agree with his reasonings. I will say I do not completely agree with his reasonings. I'd have to ponder what he is saying more when I am not so tired. But I don't believe all atheists and all religionists are false teachers.

• tec
    tec

So...if we feel that believers are false teachers....does that put them on the same team too?

Anyone who teaches false things is on the same team. And that is also how I read Vander's quote. Hence, the wisdom.

It might be prudent to look at the different posts made before that post.

I agree. Now without going back to refresh my memory, I believe that I thought he was heading off a finger pointing round-a-bout with a statement of all false teachers being on the same team.

So Atheists 'teach' there is no god.

IF they are teaching that... and IF that is false... then they ARE false teachers.

Going back to check now... maybe Vander will be here and have cleared it up before my post is posted ;)

Peace,

tammy

• tec
    tec

Can't tell. I know how FHN understood that, and how I understood it as well. Guess we'll leave Vander to clarify for himself if he chooses.

Peace,

tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit