Are religionists and atheists on the same team?

by Fernando 191 Replies latest watchtower bible

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Tec, scroll up to my last couple of comments.

• tec
    tec

Yes, I read them, and I saw that original post. I am not certain that the two are related though. Could be... but I'm just going to leave it alone now. I know what you meant when you said 'wisdom'.

Peace

tammy

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

IF they are teaching that... and IF that is false... then they ARE false teachers.

In general, atheists 'teach' or claim that there is no evidence for a god. If you believe there is evidence for a god, then you would consider that false. That's okay, because I believe teaching that there is evidence for a god is false. That's not a big deal---we already know we disagree. But judging from past posts, and the way this one was put in, I think the motivation was to label atheists and some religious people as false teachers, and on the same team. It's a messed up question, because motives and techniques and goals are entirely different.

It is a spiritual-centric question, if you will. Asked from the POV that there is the spiritual, and you either lead others there or you do not----leading them there being the preferred outcome. It's really silly to ask that of atheists. We don't ask plumbers to do brain surgery, nor do we blame brain surgeons for clogged drains. We don't put them in the same bucket and try to bind them to any kind of team.

NC

• still thinking
    still thinking

And IF what atheists say is not false about the existence of a God then believers are the false teachers.

All in the eye of the beholder isn't it.

• just n from bethel
    just n from bethel

Wow I check in Monday night while commercials on Conan Obrien are playing to see what I missed this weekend. Can't believe i skipped out spending my weekend on this exciting thread.

I tell you one thing, if there's one thing I learn on threads like these, it's that I hope my lovers will spend half as much time thinking about me and how awesome I am like the Jesusites here do to their Lord. Thousands and thousands of posts, and long thought out attention given to someone that won't even send you a text here and there - hope he's at least keeping your weekends filled with exciting adventures.

• still thinking
  • tec
    tec

And IF what atheists say is not false about the existence of a God then believers are the false teachers.
    All in the eye of the beholder isn't it.

Yes, Still... but no one has disputed that. False teachers are false teachers, on the same team... it is a general statement. It is not making a judgment for or against anyone in particular.

Peace,

tammy

• just n from bethel
    just n from bethel

SBC - I'm tired of you reading my mind, lol.

Actually, I personally don't have time to "counter, criticize and expose by rational argument" because it's almost always a waste of time and pretty boring as well. However, if that's the definition of militant and people cannot see the difference between the 'militant athiests' and the fundies, then there's nothing left to say here.

My style is to embrace tolerance. I may not understand everything that all the different religious and spiritual women are saying to me but I don't care - no one knows what it means - it's provocative - gets people going:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sWOXS_Aklk

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

LOL---define us as false teachers, and suddenly atheists and relgionists can be on the same team. It's a silly and even insulting analogy. I'm sure that liberal believers don't like to be lumped in with fundies---cuz they say so all the time. I KNOW atheists are amused that people would lump us in with believers of any kind.

Like I said, slightly insulting, but much more amusing.

Isn't a team something you join where all participants are working for a common goal? Well I'm defecting. I'm joining the team that leads people away from unicorns. I know this may make some angry, but I will join forces with those that believe strongly in unicorns, but their perverted view of unicorns backfires and leads others away from unicorns. AND THEN, the NEW non-unicorn believers, be they trapped by the orginal aunicornists, or the avid unicornists with the twisted view, get to join OUR team, and then they too can set out to lead peeps from unicorns.

You now---unicorn is a funny word. Just say it over and over, and it gets weirder. Perhaps that is belief in just one corn---but I can prove there are many corns.

NC

• tec
    tec

This thread actually began with nothing to do with false teachers. Just asked the question if religionists and atheists both led people away from God... and if they were in that sense, on the same team.

Who has defined you as a false teacher?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit