RICK SANTORUM IS FINALLY GONE!

by minimus 122 Replies latest jw friends

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

He is going to cripple Romney in the general election. Women and college grads won't forget his crazy rants. It will be interesting to see what kind of power he brings to the convention, including the platform. Romney needs to turn more to the center and those Santorum delegates may remind people how right Romney was. It is going to be behind the scenes for the most part. Of course, I wonder how many Americans watch political conventions, even during prime time, let along gavel to gavel.

Four years ago,I ended up on a train with Wesley Clark operatives coming from NYC. He had just declared his candidacy. I watched it on C-Span. I told them my reaction to his C-Span coverage. The question was whether I was a typical Democrat. They laughed so hard, telling me about 3% of the American public watches C-Span. I also noticed that it was a large group of middle-aged white men, not a single minority or a woman.

Santorum was a great tool for the Democrats. Democratic campaign ads could not have better points about the craziness of the GOP. I wonder, though, what the long term benefits/disadvantages to the religious right will be. Ron Paul interests me greatly. Perhaps it is that I know his is a crusade. He doesn't seem as consumed with bitterness and hatred as Santorum. I am glad that Paul's ideas get publicity. It also might have to do with lifestyle choice. Ron strikes me as authentic. Romney, Santorum, Perry, Bachman seem to be caricatures of politicians from films and books.

• minimus
    minimus

Santorum belongs in a sanitorium.

• james_woods
    james_woods

A sanitary sanitorium for santorum. I like it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit