Please! I need a plausible excuse for getting out of going to the memorial!

by Inisc 35 Replies latest jw friends

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

I'm contemplating taking a bunch of Ex-lax and then saying, "Oh I'm so sick and I've got the runs so bad that I can't get more than five feet from the toilet, I just can't go."

I will then proceed to tell my mom not to worry I'll dial in and listen over the phone and, since that talks are always the same, I’ll only listen long enough to say that brother pompous did such a great job; that way she will think I actually listened.

By the next morning I'll be A-OK and blame it on a 24hr (Ex-lax) flu.

Heck, I once had a minor case of the sniffles, when the CO was visiting, and was able to blow it out of proportion enough to make my mom think I was sooo sick that I missed the whole weak of craptivity!

• undercover
  • moshe
    moshe

Not having to lie to yourself and others about your beliefs is a beautiful thing.

Anyway, tell them the memorial is on the wrong day- and that is why you won't be going.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/209027/1/I-called-the-KH-the-Memorial-is-tomorrow-night-right

opps, I gave you a reason, not an excuse.

• Wizard of Oz
  • NewChapter
    NewChapter

Please tell me that is satire

No, an elder actually told me that. Is it true? And if not, was he just lying? Weird.

NC

• finally awake
    finally awake

You could always get a small child to vomit all over your car as you are driving to the hall. That's what got me out of the last Special Assembly Day. I"ll even loan you a sickly small child for the occasion, but you have to keep him all night.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit