Please! I need a plausible excuse for getting out of going to the memorial!

by Inisc 35 Replies latest jw friends

• Inisc
    Inisc

I have been thinking about this for weeks!

Nothing short of death will be acceptable to my mother!

I thought of saying I will go to another cong but my parents know people there so that won't work.

Help!

• ziddina
    ziddina

Here...

Try this thread...

If you don't find an excuse that will work, at least you'll get a giggle out of it...

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/173741/1/Top-10-Memorial-Excuses

• ex360shipper
    ex360shipper

Agree to go but then get severe food poisoning. Can't go if you can't get off the can.

• blond-moment
    blond-moment

My favorite excuse...."I was dead at the time"...Eddie Izzard

• Inisc
    Inisc

Lol that link was funny!

Ok, so it now turns out that my wife has to work late that night so that's her sorted!

I was thinking if I go pick her up "intending that she'll be finished and we wil make it on time but turns out she wasn't done yet and I was waiting outside her work on her and then it was too late",

When in actual fact I'd be sitting at home enjoying the fact that I don't have a numb arse and won't be bored to suicide!

has this ever worked?

• TOTH
    TOTH

How about there isn't a reason to go anymore...

1 Corinthians 11:26 says, "For whenever you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord's death until he comes."

The wt has said for nearly 100 years that HE came back in 1914. WHY have THEY been going all this time????

• Scully
    Scully

What's the point of going if you aren't allowed to Partake™ anyway?

For those who believe in the value of Jesus' Sacrifice™, to decline to Partake™ of the Emblems™ is tantamount to rejecting that Sacrifice™. It is blasphemy, really.

And TOTH has a good point - if Jesus' Parousia™ began in 1914, what is the point of proclaiming his death via the Memorial™?

• clearpoison
    clearpoison

Take some laxative drug in good time according to instructions and you are good. No excuses needed.

CP

• Scully
    Scully

Say you have a rash that the doctor says is highly contagious.

• Quandry
    Quandry

Ahem....jock itch? They wouldn't want you to scratch where it itches during the meeting.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit