Theists, why does God allow suffering..

by The Quiet One 754 Replies latest watchtower bible

• cofty
    cofty
    Whenindoubt - I was hoping for some clarification by now.

You posted 10 questions on the previous page. You included answers for 2 of them.

Are you proposing them as arguments against evolution or as examples of stupid things creationists say?

It is indisputable. - Fisherman

Yes. Only christian and Muslim fundamentalists deny the fact of evolution.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

It a measurable and demonstrable fact.

I believe that you mean in your post that it is (evolution) a fact.

As everyone knows for a fact, facts cannot be challenged. Case closed IF evolution is a fact.

• Viviane
    Viviane
    As everyone knows for a fact, facts cannot be challenged. Case closed IF evolution is a fact.

Correct, that evolution did and continues to happen is a fact. Case closed.

• Caedes
    Caedes

1That God is evil has not been established.

I completely disagree, for a start I have carefully stated that we are talking about a creator god (such as the one described in the old testament).

This thread is about God allowing evil(animal suffering).

The creator god according to the bible created the world as it is including all the suffering of animals, this has been going on since before humans walked the earth. We have fossils that show predation and injury. This is an indisputable fact.

Concluding that God is evil because he allows it is a big jump caedes.

The bible also claims that the creator god is omnibenevolent, so either the claim that the creator god is omnibenevolent isnt true or the claim that the biblical god is a creator god isn't true. If you wish to be internally logical these two claims cannot both be true.

2But you agree that judging God does not affect his existence.

You are the one that claimed that proving that god is evil proves his non-existence, as an atheist I said that isn't the case I am merely showing you that your position is inconsistant. I would argue further that I am not judging god since this is an argument about the consistancy of theist claims about god.

Since nobody has provided any empirical evidence for the existence of any sort of god I remain unconvinced of the existence of any gods. That doesn't mean I cannot assume you are correct in order to make a point about logic.

Animal suffering is a fact. But that does not prove that God is bad.

No, it proves that your claims that there is a creator god who is omnibenevolent cannot both be true.

A "proper foundation" has not been established as to what is good and bad either.

The proper foundation has been laid out, you just choose to ignore it.

You have your opinion BUT you are not running the USA.

What I have stated are facts not opinion.

No, I do not run the USA. The USA has very sensible rules that foreign nationals cannot run for president. What does this non sequiter have to do with the discussion at hand? You do realise that the internet is available in countries other than the USA?

However, this has nothing to do with evolution.

True, but we are discussing god being evil not evolution.

• Caedes
    Caedes

I recognized it immediately, Caedes. It's the most basic form of the slope-intercept equation for line equations. son just recently worked on that in school and I helped him with it, hence I've seen it a lot recently. Not sure what it's doing in this thread, however.

Viviane,

I recognised it too, I was hoping that by defining the parameters that it might become clearer what relevance it had to the thread or if it even had some relevance to the post in question. It certainly wasn't obvious to me what It had to do with human growth hormones. I am not an expert on biochemistry but I doubt that any correlation in that field is strictly linear. Perhaps whenindoubt can return and explain it?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Theists , why does God allowing suffering ? = because there is no God

Atheists why is there suffering ? = because there is no God

If there is evidence to counter those claims please provide.

• defender of truth
    defender of truth

The best defense that believers in a god that cares seem able to come up with is basically - animals suffer as a kind of collateral damage.

Simple question: Is collateral damage ever just? Or is it always injust, and avoided when possible?

With God, all things are possible?.. Apparently not if he can't avoid collateral damage.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    According to the Bible, Pharaoh killed the firstborn of the Jews( bad for the Jews). According to the Bible, God killed (justice?) the firstborn of Pharaoh and Egypt (bad for them). According to the Bible, God kills ALL his enemies (actually the enemy of his people) at the big A. Good for His people, Bad for God's enemies. Ugly or Just?
  • cofty
    cofty
    Pharaoh killed the firstborn of the Jews

How so?

God kills ALL his enemies - Fisherman

What has that go to do with the topic? Are animals enemies of god or his people?

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

cofty,

The president of the USA knows what is good and what is bad. HE is running the show not you..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit