What does the WT have to say about transgender people?

by LunaFing 43 Replies latest jw friends

• designs
    designs

marie- How do you find your life adjusting post surgry. In a congregation I was in near LA our territory had one of the larger transexual transgender populations around sort of a kindred spirit thing I suppose.

• mariemcg
    mariemcg

it was fine, i didn't really need to adjust as my way of thinking was in tune with the rest of me.. but the only thing i had to deasl with was the acceptance of others if they found out about me.. As far as anyone can tell i look completely female which i had always done even when i was a child.. At the end of the day we all make choices in our lifes those choices can be pf benefit or to our detriment.. Its the same for everyone of us condition/illness or not..

Marie xxx

• Fernando
    Fernando

Hey LunaFing!

First up ignore anything Watchtower religionists say on the topic. They are assuredly and provably spiritually blind, confused, inebriated and insane.

The Bible however makes indirect reference to transgender people and affirms they are EXACTLY the same as any other human on planet earth - we are all fallen (dysfunctional).

(Romans 3:23-24, paraphrased) . . .For all [are dysfunctional] and fall short of the glory of God, and it is as a free gift that they are being declared righteous by his undeserved kindness through the release by the ransom [paid] by Christ Jesus.

(1 John 1:8-10, paraphrased) If we make the statement: “We have no [dysfunction],” we are misleading ourselves and the truth is not in us. If we confess our [dysfunction], he is faithful and righteous so as to forgive us our [dysfunction] and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness [initially by IMPUTATION]. If we make the statement: “We have [no dysfunction],” we are making him a liar, and his word is not in us.

We know that the Pharisees (ruling religious clergy class and hierarchy) would have had issues with transgender people, and that Jesus would have happily hung out with them and loves them dearly!

I am not transgender or gay, but have no right to claim that my dysfunction is any different or better than that of others. Jesus HAD to die for me too!

Religious people on the other hand have made their own plans for salvation via supremacist self-righteousness attained by following the "right" rules (legalism), morals (moralism), doctrines (ethnocentrism), and knowledge (Gnosticism). Matthew 23 esp v15.

• james_woods
    james_woods
    James woods - why is worshipping a cow any more silly than worshipping an invisible man in the sky?

Off topic - but to me both are silly.

Worship of the cow may be the more swilly because you can see and interact with the cow - and it is pretty obvious that the cow is not nearly as smart as you are (or it should be, at least). You can imagine anything you want about the invisible man in the sky.

By extension of that, making rules about transgendered people is also very silly.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit