What does the WT have to say about transgender people?

by LunaFing 43 Replies latest jw friends

• james_woods
    james_woods
    how is that relevant to the post...

Besides being obviously said in jest - It calls into question the issue of their general judgement.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

What's wrong with classing transgender as a 3rd gender, James Wood?

They're not the only culture to do it, btw.

• Tater-T
    Tater-T

You and I at one time worshiped a Publishing Company and the men who ran it... So careful what you mock..LOL

I want to live in a world were people can be who they want to be... but anyway this is getting off topic so I'm done for now..

TT

• james_woods
    james_woods
    What's wrong with classing transgender as a 3rd gender, James Wood?

Because logically, there are only two genders. It has something to do with human reproduction, correct?

Transgenders are people who are DNA configured to be of one gender, but for some unknown reason want to be of the other.

I hold no prejudice against them, but they are not really a "3rd gender"...they are people who want to change thier gender to one of the two.

True acceptance of them would logically hold that they are whatever of those two genders which they choose.

And, please not that I am not talking about non-physical bi-sexuality here. I am talking about people who seek physical gender change. They are not a third gender - I believe they end up as whatever of the two genders they choose.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Most, if not all, transgenders would tell you that they don't "choose" their sexuality. They typically feel they have been born the wrong sex physically for how they feel mentally. They undergo expensive surgical proceedures in order to match their physical body to the one they are mentally.

• james_woods
    james_woods
    Most, if not all, transgenders would tell you that they don't "choose" their sexuality. They typically feel they have been born the wrong sex physically for how they feel mentally. They undergo expensive surgical proceedures in order to match their physical body to the one they are mentally.

Yes, I know that many say that. There are also south east asian cultures which socially encourage this outside psychological terms.

But it does not argue that they are an actual "third gender".

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

I wasn't arguing re a third gender, I was making a point in regards to your inference that they "chose" their gender.

If the one in 1000 stat is true, then that's a large number of people born of an undetermined sex. Large enough for them to regard themselves as a third sex, if they so wish.

• laverite
    laverite

Lack of education, lack of accurate information about the world, and blindly following a publishing business that is legalistic and rule-driven ---> an ill-equiped group of people not able to deal with the complexities of the real world in healthy and adaptive ways.

• cantleave
    cantleave

James woods - why is worshipping a cow any more silly than worshipping an invisible man in the sky?

• mariemcg
    mariemcg

I'm transgendered, and i most certainly didn't choose to be the way i am; the reason i have had very painfull operations is because i hated what i had between my legs and couldn't live in the role that was pre ordained for me at birth..

i was reading an peicce in the paper the otherday about a 5 year old boy being diagnosed with geder identity disorder-The society still see'd this as an alternative lifestyle..

How can a 5 year old bot discern what an " alternative lifestyle" is?

These people who make these dissicions are old men stuck in a time warp, whilst there is more evidence tht this subject is most deffinatly a chronic medical condition as it will never go away.

Marie

xx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit