Whitney Houston died today

by mrsjones5 102 Replies latest jw friends

• Diest
    Diest

Its ok STT we all do that sometimes.

• Diest
    Diest

This is my favorite Whitney song, that she didnt write.

' http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbkCVXQSAIo&feature=related '

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

Such a waste.

I was a big fan of Whitney Houston and thought she was brilliant in The Bodyguard with Kevin Costner.

She will be missed.

• aligot ripounsous
    aligot ripounsous

I join with the common opinion, what a way to waste one's life when one seems to have everything at hand to succeed, or allow others (thinking of her once abusive husband) to waste it. Reminds me of Eleanor Roosevelt's No one can make you feel small unless you allow them. You leave nice memories behind, Whitney, we won't forget your voice and your attractiveness (I don't know about your inner personality) and may your sad experience of life be helpful to the young ones who are willing to learn.

• Reality79
    Reality79

@Botzwana

Huh?? Care to elaborate??

Anyways, RIP to this legend. So much good childhood memories of her music. I haven't been this shocked since MJ passed.

• MsDucky
    MsDucky

Whitney and Michael

Gone too soon.

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

I thought she was a great singer and entertainer and the saddest part to me is that, like Amy Winehouse and Micheal Jackson and Anna Nicole Smith...you just wanted them to have a little more time for that great come-back. Turn their live around and show everyone how strong and great they still are. Not leave people with the memory of the photo of Micheal spun out in court in pyjamas, or Anna out of control or Whitney on crack. All of them gone too soon .....sammies

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

I was on a flight from Atlanta to LA a number of months back and sat across the aisle from her. I was actually taken aback by how good she looked, as I was expecting her to have much more "wear and tear" based on all of the news stories of the past about her. She was pleasant and didn't seem to show any signs of substance abuse at the time. It is a very sad thing to hear of her passing...a truly talented singer. If substance abuse was a contibutor to her death, it just reinforces how insidious drug use can be...

• StopTheTears
    StopTheTears

Ohh. Now I see. Yes, far too young. I didn't know alot of her music, but recognise the whole family was extremely talented. To lose two members in as many years must be awful. I'll always think of her as little Penny on 'Good Times' back in the 1970's.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Yeah, you got it now Stop The Tears, Whitney Houston is Janet Jackson, exactly, glad to see you caught on.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit