Whitney Houston died today

by mrsjones5 102 Replies latest jw friends

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

StoptheTears, you're thinking of Tina Turner, not Whitney Houston.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Stopthetears, you are "evidently" thinking of Tina Turner. Whitney Huston was only 48. FAR too young to die.

• littlerockguy
  • ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

I guess Stopthe Tears hasn't been around too many black folks during his/her life.

I find it slightly amusing myself, confusing Whitney for Tina . . . amazing

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

I admit STT's gaff gave me a giggle...

Re Whitney's death: sad but not surprising, it was only a matter of time.

• Botzwana
    Botzwana

As I said on the other Whitney post, I will never forgive her for what she did to my family. A truly rotten person in real life. What goes around comes around.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Botzwana - TWO posts where you mention you're not a fan of Whitney's but you don't offer any info as to why, that's not really fair, sounds like you want us to drag it out of you

• Twitch
    Twitch

She was talented and beautiful. Sad to hear of it. RIP

• talesin
    talesin

Yes, I was watching The Fifth Estate, and it came across the ticker. I was hoping she would beat the addiction, but the rock is a tough one. There's a part of me that says "died of a broken heart". :(

I hope she is now at peace.

t

• steve2
    steve2

That is so sad. I did not like her choice of music that much and she was unbearable shriek-ridden in some songs, but there was no denying the sheer power and beauty of that voice of hers when the song selection and arrangement hit the right note (no pun intended).

Her mother is Cissy Houston and the incomparable Dionne Warwick is her aunt. I'm left with a stinging feeling that Whitney last few years were miserably frustrated by ongoing drug-use problems. She never re-claimed the mantle of Diva that she nicely secured throughout the late 80s and through the early to mid 1990s.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit