Evolution disproved by 11 year old niece

by StopTheTears 285 Replies latest jw friends

• Joey Jo-Jo
    Joey Jo-Jo

monkeys are not our ancestors, neither gorilaz, they are our relatives, spot the difference.

• N.drew
    N.drew

No the analogy is similar but the logic is the same. Each evolutionary process that produced a functioning change happened with MANY failed sequences. That is logic. The sentence experiment proves it.

The number of changes that were successful are mind boggling. Then add to all the successful changes the many millions , maybe many trillians that failed. I asked in another thread how long those would take. Is the universe old enough?

And for each change good and bad power was needed. Which book covers that cofty? I will promise to read it. I studied evolution in college. It was a long time age. How much "new light" since then?

• N.drew
    N.drew

@ Evolution is a very complicated subject, but you don't want to waste your time reading about it, obviously. If that is your truth, so be it. But please do not come on these threads trying to outwit people who actually bothered to grasp an understanding of biology.

Please don't forget that you were "outwitted" once before. I am open to evidence that life happened by chance. But not because somebody else thinks so (think Russell), and not because it's popular (think atheism).

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

it was directed towards EP...and based on past experience conversing with him.

Look, it's not up to me to make you feel better over your worldview being smashed with science and facts. I don't ask anyone to think like me. But if you, or N. Drew or Sabastious or anyone else wants to jump in and use sciency words mixed with your flavor of religion, you get put in the science meatgrinder.

If you don't like the heat, stay out the kitchen.

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

Atheism is popular? When the hell did THAT happen? I still get treated like the devil personified if I dare tell people I'm an Atheist. It most certainly ISN'T popular, nor is it an exclusive club for people who want to go against the grain and "be cool", as some may think it is.

It's a conclusion based on sound reasoning, research, LEARNING, and LOGIC. Not everyone comes to that conclusion, but those of us who do are happy with our answers...whether they are "popular" or not.

• Flat_Accent
    Flat_Accent
    Please don't forget that you were "outwitted" once before. I am open to evidence that life happened by chance. But not because somebody else thinks so (think Russell), and not because it's popular (think atheism)

When was I outwitted? I don't think it was in this thread.

And you're unwilling to be persuaded by scientific evidence, so I don't see how you can be open to any such idea, unless it were drawn from your own imagination.

• cofty
    cofty

And for each change good and bad power was needed.

Who says?

I studied evolution in college. It was a long time age. How much "new light" since then?

Depends when you went to college and whether you did a degree in evolutionary biology or just had it mentioned a few times in class.

I ask again what books on evolution have you actually read? I'm guessing none - am I right?

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Each evolutionary process that produced a functioning change happened with MANY failed sequences. That is logic.

No it isn't.

Is the universe old enough?

Yes.

And for each change good and bad power was needed.

This is ridiculous babbling.

Please don't forget that you were "outwitted" once before.

Science doesn't require wit. Please don't forget that you have been shown to be wrong countless times.

• N.drew
    N.drew

Atheism is world popular. China, atheist. Budhists, atheist. Who knows how many closet atheists there are?

There are five in my family. One believer. One too young, but not a believer. Two atheists. And an agnostic.

Then count the religious people who are religious, but not God fearing.

It is an atheist's world.

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

What if a will to "survive" was built in to the sentence?

Good grief

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit