Evolution disproved by 11 year old niece

by StopTheTears 285 Replies latest jw friends

• cofty
    cofty
    As we all know...just because someone tells you to read something...that doesn't mean that THEY are right. We have to gather information and decide for ourselves. Based on evidence...or at least the best evidence we can find. - still thinking

So gather information. The only way to do that is to read. Science is not easy but some really good starting points have been shared on this thread.

You are quick to judge and condem people who do not think or believe the way you do. Your 'willful ignorance' and 'lazy' comments bore me. Come up with something new.

I am endlessly patient and helpful with people who genuinely want to learn. I have no patience with people who take pleasure in being obtuse.

If you want an example of how far I'm prepared to go to help have a look at my thread at JWS for people who want to learn but could not get away with having an evolution book in the house. Your ad hominem attacks are boring.

• N.drew
    N.drew

I know that the "kings" of the Earth use WORDS to convince. Because king means having followers so even scientist with their "proved" theories that persuade people to believe their way are "kings".

Believers have one King. We do not believe any other even when they hit us with their smart fancy words. I read alot. I know what bull shit is. I don't care alot that you believe their fancy bull shit words. But to insult me for being careful is nasty. You might think you are nice, but you are nasty.

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

Nancy, you're using an analogy very similar to one the WT used in their Creation book - the very same book where they took multiple quotes out of context and outright misquoted other books and articles by scientists to push their agenda.

• still thinking
    still thinking

sorry cofty...the comment...

You are quick to judge and condem people who do not think or believe the way you do. Your 'willful ignorance' and 'lazy' comments bore me. Come up with something new

was not aimed at you...it was directed towards EP...and based on past experience conversing with him.

• cofty
    cofty

I read alot

What books on evolution have you read?

• tec
    tec

Evolution is not in conflict with creation. Only our different (mis)understandings on each topic (separating them into 2 opposing things) are in conflict. There is no reason at all that evolution would not be a means that a creator used in His creation. If I paint a picture it doesn't just 'poof' into e x istance. I use tools. Paper, paintbrushes, colors, water, color holder, etc. But when we tell people that we painted a picture, we don't detail each stroke of the brush, or each swish of water to color, or detail where we got our paper, etc, etc. I mean, we can if we want to get technical, or if we are speaking to another artist. But in general, speaking to most people, we say I painted this.

Peace,

Tammy

• cofty
    cofty
    sorry cofty...that comment'quick to judge' was not aimed at you...it was directed towards EP

No worries

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

I read alot

Hmmmm unfortunately that should be "I read a lot".

Keep reading.

• Flat_Accent
    Flat_Accent

N.Drew, believe me when I tell you that you and your little pieces of paper are not going to solve the answer to the origin of life. And you are as well equipped to find an answer as you are to disavow the current understanding.

Evolution is a very complicated subject, but you don't want to waste your time reading about it, obviously. If that is your truth, so be it. But please do not come on these threads trying to outwit people who actually bothered to grasp an understanding of biology.

• cofty
    cofty

Tec - theistic evolution is a commonly held belief with some significant proponents. I always find it hard to understand why a god would use a process as wasteful as evolution. More than 99% of all species that have ever lived were dead ends. Almost every creature that has ever lived died of starvation, predation or parasites. and that includes humans.

The end result of evolution, even in humans is some classic examples of bad design.

What invisible qualities of god does this reveal?

Even if we allow theistic evolution it actually only gets us to deism at best.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit