Evolution disproved by 11 year old niece

by StopTheTears 285 Replies latest jw friends

• Resistance is Futile
    Resistance is Futile

Cool story.

You have no business "teaching" someone about a subject that you clearly don't understand.

• N.drew
    N.drew

Yes, it looks interesting. But if it's just more red beetles to brown beetles stuff or a little beak to a bigger beak, I know the process of evolution. I want to know why species branch out. Does Why Evolution is True address that problem?

It said they have found fossil evidence of a land animal sprouting wings, but I can show you a platypus, if I had one.

I want to know what powers change.

Everything needs power to live. Have they discovered the power yet? That would be interesting reading and enough to trouble myself figuring out the Kindle as I have not used it yet, but I better because it was a gift.

• cofty
    cofty

The website Flat_Accent recommended is an excellent resource.

Science is difficult N.drew, there are no shortcuts. Here are the big 6 accessible books for the beginner.

"The making of the fittest" by Sean B Carroll

"Evolution, what the fossils say" by Donald Prothero

"Why Evolution is true" by Jerry Coyne

"Your Inner Fish" by Neil Shubin

"The Greatest Show on Earth" by Dawkins (summary of some of it here)

"Life Ascending" by Nick Lane

Enjoy.

• N.drew
    N.drew

The website Flat_Accent recommended is an excellent resource.

Sorry I have to disagree. All that it shows me is someone who agrees with you went to college. Nice work though. And wow so many examples of these can't be of the same whatever because soo they branch on two different sides. Please consider your being duped. Again.

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

I thought Plasma gave birth to Big Screen TV's?

• N.drew
    N.drew

Hey there's lots of money in dupedness.

• cofty
    cofty

N.drew - Ignorance is nothing to be ashamed of - willfull ignorance is another matter.

• still thinking
    still thinking

It did Berengaria...and mine is still a TV...it hasn't evolved any further....still waiting......maybe in years to come they will find the beginnings of human life forms in rubbish dumps all around the world as Big screen TV's gradually evolve into monkeys......ROFL

• Flat_Accent
    Flat_Accent

N.Drew,

first you should know that my original link to berkely wasnt aimed at you. You had a specific question about humans, my link was more about the basic understanding of evolution.

Obviously the simplest answer to why species branch out is because time and environment allows it. Life has existed for millions of years, and over that period, the look and structure of animals has changed drastically because the environment has changed drastically.

Picture if you will, a steady gradient from Yellow to Red. Now in this spectrum of colour there are hundreds of different hues, but there is clearly a steady progression from yellows, to oranges, to reds. If you were to zoom in on the gradient and compare one hue to the one next to it, you would not see any difference. Work your way up the gradient with this method and you will see the same thing. Each hue looks exactly the same as the one preceding it - but you would not think that the gradient was a solid block of yellow, or a solid block of red.

My point being, gradual changes over time can create a very different and unexpected result from the original starting point. Just like the gradual process of a child becoming an adult.

Obviously, since beetle and fruit fly evolution is relatively young, they have evolved, but still remain fruit flies. Over a longer period of time I would expect this to branch out even further.

And watch my video link on page 1 if you haven't already.

• N.drew
    N.drew

Exactly! Right on! Who's being willful?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit