Evolution disproved by 11 year old niece

by StopTheTears 285 Replies latest jw friends

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

I don't think it's fair calling people willfully ignorant...that is just your opinion.

No, it's not. N. Drew has repeatedly claimed that evolution can't explain or produce certain things and has, many times, been directed to information that would educate her (him?). (S)he has been too lazy or to invested in their woldview to be educated. That is willful ignorance.

• N.drew
    N.drew

Hey steve, please do this. Make a sentence on small pieces of paper. Make a sign for capital and another paper for a period. Make the sentence seven words long. Put each word on only one side of each paper. Now shake up the words. With your eyes closed pick out the papers one by one and line them up. How many tries do you think you will need to get each paper upright and in order with the sign for capital at the beginning and the period at the end? Please also remember that the experiment is flawed in comparison to real evolution because the imagination and the power source is you. Where as evolution requires power and imagination. It doesn't HAVE imagination, but that argument has already been beaten to death and I shall not resurrect it. For EACH evolutionary change for life the right sequence is needed. There must have been trillion billion changes that were successful in the process, but each took how many tries?

Have evolutionary scientists determined yet how many changes in the known bilogical world were needed to get what we have? Each minute change (as a seven word sentence) takes A LOT of time. Doesn't it?

• cofty
    cofty

I don't think it's fair calling people willfully ignorant...that is just your opinion. - still thinking

I said there is no shame in ignorance. 6 or 7 years ago I was ignorant about evolution. I did something about it. Many believers like N.drew have never read a single science book on the subject - books about evolution written by creationists don't count - they refuse to educate themsleves about it and yet they argue about it.

That is by definition willful ignorance.

• cofty
    cofty

Please also remember that the experiment is flawed in comparison to real evolution because the imagination and the power source is you. Where as evolution requires power and imagination.

See- willful ignorance in action.

• still thinking
    still thinking

THAT is your opinion...She may be reading information for all you know...she may be trying to make sense of things...you don't know...

As we all know...just because someone tells you to read something...that doesn't mean that THEY are right. We have to gather information and decide for ourselves. Based on evidence...or at least the best evidence we can find.

You are quick to judge and condem people who do not think or believe the way you do. Your 'willful ignorance' and 'lazy' comments bore me. Come up with something new.

• Flat_Accent
    Flat_Accent
    Make a sign for capital and another paper for a period. Make the sentence seven words long. Put each word on only one side of each paper. Now shake up the words. With your eyes closed pick out the papers one by one and line them up.

You do not understand evolution at all.

Consequently, it is pointless for me to respond to your comments anymore because it's now obvious to me, that you do not wish to understand.

• N.drew
    N.drew

The first time I tried it only one word came up upright and the sign for capital came up upright but upside down.

• N.drew
    N.drew

Each biological function resulted from a sequence of events. Even the simplest one. How about a two word sentence? I can think of one.

• still thinking
    still thinking

N.Drew...sometimes you make me scratch my head...LOL

• N.drew
    N.drew

Ten times my poor two word sentence did not come up right. Not even close.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit