Still a hard line on DF family members WTApr15 2012

by Gladring 138 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cedars
    cedars

Thanks Gladring for jumping on this article. I wrote some of my own threads based on your valuable "heads up" that the April 15th article was released.

For me, the most potent part of that awful paragraph is this:

Think of that if you are ever tempted to violate God’s command not to associate with your disfellowshipped relatives.

Excuse me, but WHERE in the bible does God command us not to associate with our disfellowshipped relatives? That statement is downright deceit, not least because 'disfellowshipping' isn't a biblical word. Everyone knows the JW interpretation of shunning is based on a narrow and extremely unmerciful reading of Paul's words to the Corinthians, which (I might add) could not possibly have been intended to encompass family members.

At least the next time a WT representative says something like "shunning is a personal decision" we have the above quote to throw back at them. Once again, in their arrogance the Governing Body are doing our work for us.

Cedars

• sir82
    sir82

That's the 2nd super-heavy beat-down on "associating with DF relatives" in less than a year.

Clearly the GB feels it is losing control. And so they do what they do best - repeat the same message over and over and over and over, expecting different results.

"The beatings will continue until morale improves".

• Emma
    Emma

I think it really works against them. If the motive is to associate with family, it's not a win "for Jehovah." And I think the cut-off really helps those wanting to make a break since you don't have family pleading with you to come back. It is unloving, shunning is, but I don't think the WTS gets what they want from it.

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

My grandmother still talks to me and I'm the only protection she has against JW relatives who are constantly trying to bilk her of money.

I hope this doesn't stop her from talking to me any more.......

• man oh man
    man oh man

(Matthew 22:36) 36 "Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?. . .

And the governing body said, "shun your family and drive them to shame".

• Open mind
    Open mind

marking for future reference.

Thanks for the heads up.

This is EXACTLY how we treated my gay, DFed brother for many years.

It's amazing he didn't kill himself or come back to the family Jehovah.

om

• deep-blue-sea
  • deep-blue-sea
    deep-blue-sea

The CD is hardly working on a natural bound, familiar ties, in order to destroy it.

If the young person, disfellowshipped during 10 years, is a true person,( not an invented one…) he needed 10 years to realize how his family was missing? During 10 years you cannot find friends o relationships that can replace a family who acted so badly toward you????

I guess how my family will react when I will be visiting their place in May, sure they will not invite us because my husband is disfellowshipped, sure they will not accept to dine in a restaurant with us, will they accept to see me and him and talk to us?

Regards, Claudia

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

I want this article to hit the news like the 'mentally diseased' article hit the news.

I want the whole world to see this.

When the public thinks of JW's, the first thing that comes to their minds should be shunning of children and parents, the break up of families, the lack of love....

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

"...A young man had been disfellowshipped
    for over ten years, during which time his
    father, mother, and four brothers “quit
    mixing in company” with him. At times,
    he tried to involve himself in their activities,
    but to their credit, each member
    of the family was steadfast in not
    having any contact with him
    ."

A very sinister thought is woven in the quote above. The way I read this is: "Prepare to cut off your flesh and blood for DECADES, if we say so! The fach that they hurt, should have no effect on you"

By assigning a specific (painfully long) amount of time, the borg is trying to warn strongly anyone on the inside about to make a move.

Far, far, far cry from the teachings of Jesus....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit