Why Some Suffer Spiritual Shipwreck

by mankkeli 54 Replies latest jw experiences

• ShadesofGrey
    ShadesofGrey

When Paul warned of experiencing “shipwreck,” he had in mind some who had “thrust aside” their good conscience and had lost their faith. (1 Timothy 1:19) Among them were Hymenaeus and Alexander who fell into apostasy, deviating from the truth and speaking abusively. (1 Timothy 1:20, footnote; 2 Timothy 2:17, 18) Today, apostates, who deviate from the cult that was designed to hide Christs glory, are not spoken of in 1 Timothy, instead they are apostates following the example of Paul, (Acts 21:21) because they realize that Christ is mediator,not earthly man to whom no salvation belongs. They follow their God-given duty to witness for Jesus Christ, (Acts 1:8) warning others of the "evil slave" that dooms them to life separated from God. They realize that no matter when Christ returns, they have assurance of their salvation, and that is how they stay alert. They warn others that follow the evil slave class with these scriptures: Acts 1:7; Matthew 24:23-27 Such apostates succeed in freeing others from this destructive cult, some of whom come to Christ for salvation for the first time in their lives. Hallelujah!

Others who have left the cult have wrecked the ship of their faith by thrusting aside their conscience and indulging in this world’s unbridled pleasure-seeking and its sexual immorality. (2 Peter 2:20-22) But others leave the organization that based everything around the occult practice of pyramidology and numerology and turn to True Worship. They soon find themselves understanding unconditional love and reaping the fruit of the spirit for the first time in their lives. Some who have stopped associating with the Cult known as Jehovah's Witnesses still believe that it practices the true religion. These poor people are still parted from Christ and have the phobias planted from the mind control and think that they are doomed. We are grateful that our perfect loving God has given them time to come to know him before bringing judgment day.

Okay, I rewrote it but ran out of time to cite more scriptures, even where they are used or practically quoted. ;)

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    I know as a JW I used to think all that left were some immoral fools.....FS

I saw way more immorality in Watchtower World,than I`ve seen in the Outside World..

Watchtower World is a Huge unflushed Toilet..

Theres always a Mankkeli floating around..

......................... ...OUTLAW

• mankkeli
    mankkeli

sd-7 . But note this, faithfulness till the end is what counts afterall.

sabastious - Look up the thread and respond meaningfully, did you jump out of the ship because you thought you could swim alone or some other fleshly tendencies drove you out?.

• sd-7
    sd-7

Well, sab, he has thrown the gauntlet. I just happen to have time to take it up today. And it may not make a difference today; it certainly didn't for me, 2-3 years ago. But he'll think about it tomorrow. And the next day. And the next. It is my hope never to twist the mind of anyone or get them to share my belief, but rather to come to their own conclusion, to weigh my words and see if they're valid or not. If he's willing to do so, even if he disagrees today, let him be. If not, the same. We can dance again in the future, and hopefully he might have a more valid position to argue from, if he can find it.

I don't doubt this thread could continue till the cows come home. He was at least willing to credit me as having a solid position, so maybe he's reasonable enough to not necessarily be trolling but maybe...fishing in his own way.

Of course, I may be wrong.

--sd-7

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

mankkeli, do you think you can help me to return to jehovah by your avatar and your posts here?

• mankkeli
    mankkeli

Shades of Grey - If you claim christ is the mediator and He is all we need for salavtion, why then did He entrust Peter ( a human) with the key to the kingdom?, why should peter be needed anyway after christ's departure. Let me quote the words of our lord jesus christ here and explain the reasons for handling the figurative key over to him

What were “the keys” entrusted to Peter?

Matt. 16:19, JB: “I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven: whatever you bind on earth shall be considered bound in heaven; whatever you loose on earth shall be considered loosed in heaven.”

In Revelation, Jesus referred to a symbolic key used by himself to open up privileges and opportunities to humans

Rev. 3:7, 8, JB: “Here is the message of the holy and faithful one who has the key of David, so that when he opens, nobody can close, and when he closes, nobody can open: . . . I have opened in front of you a door that nobody will be able to close.”

Peter used “keys” entrusted to him to open up (to Jews, Samaritans, Gentiles) the opportunity to receive God’s spirit with a view to their entering the heavenly Kingdom

Acts 2:14-39, JB: “Peter stood up with the Eleven and addressed them in a loud voice: ‘Men of Judaea, and all you who live in Jerusalem . . . God has made this Jesus whom you crucified both Lord and Christ.’ Hearing this, they were cut to the heart and said to Peter and the apostles, ‘What must we do, brothers?’ ‘You must repent,’ Peter answered ‘and every one of you must be baptised in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. The promise that was made is for you and your children, and for all those who are far away, for all those whom the Lord our God will call to himself.’”

Acts 8:14-17, JB: “When the apostles in Jerusalem heard that Samaria had accepted the word of God, they sent Peter and John to them, and they went down there, and prayed for the Samaritans to receive the Holy Spirit, for as yet he had not come down on any of them: they had only been baptised in the name of the Lord Jesus. Then they laid hands on them, and they received the Holy Spirit.” (Verse 20 indicates that Peter was the one taking the lead on this occasion.)

Acts 10:24-48, JB: “They reached Caesarea the following day, and Cornelius [an uncircumcised Gentile] was waiting for them. . . . Peter addressed them . . . While Peter was still speaking the Holy Spirit came down on all the listeners.”

If christ is all we need, why does Peter needs to bind anything here on earth, why was authority given to him? and what evidence do we have to prove otherwise that similar authority wasn't given to the genius in brooklyn since 1919 to care for the masters assets here on earth?

• sd-7
    sd-7

Agreed, mankkeli. Just be clear on who it is you are being faithful to. Being one of Jehovah's Witnesses and performing the works involved with it have no actual bearing on the hope of salvation. No more than keeping the Law as the Jews did would accomplish anything for them. (See Galatians, just read the entire letter for that.)

--sd-7

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

and are you naked? that's not going to help you resist your sinfull flesh....

• mankkeli
    mankkeli

Found Sheep - I can send an uncut copy of the pics to you, just request through a PM. Delivery will be free, I won't charge you for it.

• sd-7
    sd-7

That is true, but Peter was still just a man and in need of correction by means of holy spirit and sometimes by means of his fellow Christians. Holy spirit had already made the decision to open the Kingdom to Gentiles before Peter met Cornelius. Peter had to catch up to God's will and be convinced to follow it, as did the rest of the congregation back then. (Acts 10, 15)

Either way, 2,000 years later, there is no parallel individual or group of individuals who could even remotely act with the spirit, power, and authority that Peter did. As the Society is so fond of quoting, 1 Cor. 13:8. In the end, it is those who show greater love towards all, not just their own kind, who will have any measure of real authority.

--sd-7

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit