Are Horse Steaks on your Grocery List

by designs 48 Replies latest social current

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I don't know about horse, but I had donkey meat in China and it was excellent. It tasted like very lean corned beef.

Would definitely have it again.

• designs
    designs

I know in Baja California Horse is served in a few restaurants ( I hope its only horse ) and you find goat meat. Burros may be a tough sell, maybe its listed as 'Mystery Meat'.

• watersprout
    watersprout

Ergh! *Vomits a little bit*

Peace

• designs
    designs

waters- I understand, my daughter and my nephew have been vegans for years.

• Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

I have never known a Mexican to eat horse, Designs. Must be a Cali thing, like the congos with swinger parties, fake watchtowers, and now Mexicans that eat horse. I really must make it out that way some day.

• designs
    designs

Cage- Carne de Caballo.

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety

I've had horse. A JW that lived in a rural area served me some once. Traditionally there is a dish that was made of dried cured horse meat and is called "tasajo"--Cuban horse jerky. It is good meat. In the U.S., they substitute beef processed in the same way in hispanic food stores for recipes that require tasajo.

There is no difference between eating beef or horse in my mind. Horse is a clean animal to eat, no different. It is all just cultural. Goat (since someone mentioned it) is excellent by the way. You guys don't know what you are missing. It is healthier than beef. Great in stews. More protein and less fat.

• flipper
    flipper

No , but I've ate turkey testacles before - might try buying some of those sometime ! Tastes like chicken. Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• flipper
    flipper

Leaving WT said, " I have no problem with tongue. " I don't either- as long as it's just my wife's. Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• designs
    designs

flipper- Tongue tastes great but its a little disconcerting to see the thing on the kitchen cutting block, sort of like cows brain. Acquired visual.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit